Draft may be postponed until May

This virus is doubling every 2 days if you don't just read Fox.  And they only test the worst cases as I know of several people who work in hospitals.  80% of cases are not tested.  And there are tons of asymptomatic patients.  At this rate the amount of critically ill people will hit 100 million by second week of April.  Which is not really possible cause there are 330 million in the US.  So by end of March we should be seeing a total ***** show.  The administration is arguing with medical experts cause they just care about the economy which is going to bottom out regardless.  I do not see a draft in May.  Maybe August.  This blows.  Also kinda blows if you are in the 3-5% of the critically ill that will die. 

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

This virus is doubling every 2 days if you don't just read Fox.  And they only test the worst cases as I know of several people who work in hospitals.  80% of cases are not tested.  And there are tons of asymptomatic patients.  At this rate the amount of critically ill people will hit 100 million by second week of April.  Which is not really possible cause there are 330 million in the US.  So by end of March we should be seeing a total ***** show.  The administration is arguing with medical experts cause they just care about the economy which is going to bottom out regardless.  I do not see a draft in May.  Maybe August.  This blows.  Also kinda blows if you are in the 3-5% of the critically ill that will die. 

There won’t even be 100 million infected let alone that many critically ill. Jeez dude do your friends work in animal hospitals? LOL. ???

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

And now because people can’t be trusted to maintain social distance DeWine has ordered all bars and restaurants in the state of Ohio to be closed indefinitely as of tonight at 9pm. Carry out and delivery ok. 

It is ironic that a governor named DeWine shutdown places serving alcohol.

Would a governor named DeFood be willing to shutdown supermarkets and only allow pick up and delivery?

8 minutes ago, DJB said:

Like others have said. Do a teleconference draft with video to each war room making the pick. 

No need to delay the draft.  They can do the Vegas thing next year

Teams will not want to do drafts with no medical exams and interviews before picks.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

yeah might as well shut down the world every flu season from now on

If every "flu season" has 30x the mortality rate of your current average flu, then yes shut it down.  

Take 5 minutes to look up how it's not actually, you know, the flu.  It attacks your lungs and can leave them with permanent damage (if it doesn't kill you).

*edit*

Oh and unlike the flu, there is currently no available vaccine for it.  You can help by downloading the Folding@Home program to lend your computer's spare processing power to run protein folding simulations to find better ways to attack the virus.  Their focus right now is COVID-19, but they also run sims for drug resistant bacteria, Parkinson's, cancer, etc.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As long as the players  combine physical, workout ,  pro day   were good ,  video interview should be fine .  Delay draft maybe mid April at the most without fans would be ok. Other sports are losing big money for being delayed  so NFL can take this small hit. 

Teams not knowing who they have in the draft , then they won't know what players they need to trade for and free agent needs and who to re-sign.

20 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

t's likely (thankfully) to not be 3%.  Here is something from Harvard.  https://slate.com/technology/2020/03/coronavirus-mortality-rate-lower-than-we-think.html

That said, one death is too many, and curve flattening is a great idea.  Panic, no.  Cancelling things like the draft that can be done entirely remotely: also not a great idea.  Cancelling actual sporting events: good idea.  

Going to bars: bad idea.  Ordering delivery: a good idea to help restaurants and their employees. 

Keep your heads on, get facts, keep your distance, but don't hide in a room full of toilet paper like some people appear to be doing.   

Good points all.  I read the Harvard article and what they are saying certainly makes some sense.  However, remember that according to their own theories, the death toll should be higher at the beginning of this, as the most vulnerable people may die, and then lower as the disease will have a healthier population to deal with.  Also, don't forget about possible mutations.  No one knows how the virus may change.  I agree that people should not be panicking and agree with you 100% that we should all keep our heads on straight and follow prudent precautions.    

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do not understand the TP thing at.all. Or the bottled water shortage. 

I don't get those either.  I get the hand sanitizer, but TP and bottled water.  It's not like the faucets will stop working and they won't let you buy more TP online or in a store.  

my safe room is now complete: 

Image result for toilet paper safe room