Draft may be postponed until May

9 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m somewhat surprised.  This is not just the flu.  It’s a virus killing some people.  I personally have no problem with either postponing, or at least have no audience live at the draft.  My daughter, and friends cancelled going to a large St. Patrick’s day event yesterday, then they cancelled it.  The good news like other viruses is they don’t like heat, so it will probably die about by May/June.

I don’t want to see anyone get sick and keep spreading this thing.  It’s terrible how many people have died in Asia and now in other countries.

Kelly, are you aware that we lose over 20,000 Americans every year to the flu? To date, this particular strain of virus is way less consequential.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Kelly, are you aware that we lose over 20,000 Americans every year to the flu? To date, this particular strain of virus is way less consequential.

That's because it has not spread as much as the flu yet.  The death rate is far higher.  

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

...according to CDC, stats for 2017-2018 flu season in US.............

ILLNESSES:     45 million

HOSPITALIZATIONS:     810,000

DEATHS:    61,000

If we as individuals in this country pitch in and do the right things this will be a relatively short duration event.  
 If we don’t pitch in and don’t do the right things this virus will spread through America like it has in other countries, and it will get real ugly. Reality has come knocking...

The first world angst over the delay or cancellation of a recreational pass time is not a good look... 

Stay healthy Bills Nation! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

yes, SoCal, I worked in medicine for the last twenty years and in order to get credentialed at any Hospital or Surgery Center, you have to get a flu shot, TB test, and many other vaccinations every year.  Although it is true, the elderly, the sick and children are much more susceptible to serious complications from the flu, and the Corona Virus.  4600 people have been estimated to have died in Italy alone from the Corona Virus per the WHO, and the CDC estimates 200,000 to 1.7 million people will most likely die from this affliction.  It is also estimated by the WHO that as many as 126,000 have already been infected globally already.  

I'm not walking back from my opinion as people’s lives are far more important than sports.  Besides but the time training camp comes around, it’s a good guess this will die down.  All of my kids in FL in High School and college now have to do their work on line which sucks, but necessary as we’ve already had three deaths in Tampa public schools.

We’re fortunate this is the off season, unlike people who love the NBA, NCAA, MLB, and NHL are either postponing or having zero fans in the stadiums.  A draft in May still provides enough time to get these people into abbreviated OTA’s and training camp should go on like normal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

If we as individuals in this country pitch in and do the right things this will be a relatively short duration event.  
 If we don’t pitch in and don’t do the right things this virus will spread through America like it has in other countries, and it will get real ugly. Reality has come knocking...

The first world angst over the delay or cancellation of a recreational pass time is not a good look... 

Well written.  I just read you’re 360 times more likely to get sick if you go to the gym regularly.  Makes sense which is why I’m wearing gloves, and most importantly trying as much as possible not to touch my face in public.  I’m also on another thread shared the likelihood if you gargle with warm salt water especially if you’re even thinking of any symptoms, a lot less likely you get it badly as it sits in you’re throat for four days on average.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

While I am not normally sanctimonious I was becoming pretty annoyed at a group of neighbors who were posting pics on social media all night of them out at crowded bars during a St Paddy’s bar crawl. Shoulder to shoulder, arms around each other, etc. One of them works at a hospital as a cardiac nurse. It’s like - yes we need to live our lives but some things can and should be avoided. All of the experts are saying we need to practice social distancing to flatten the curve but some people don’t get it.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

There are no sports on the airwaves. The NFL would be wise to keep everything as scheduled.

That was NASCAR's plan until people much more powerful stepped in. They were planning on being the only event on TV. It was gonna be like shooting fish in a barrel. A hundred race teams got to Atlanta and were then told to go home once the Government got involved.

9 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Give the people what they need!!!!   
Seriously though, I’m not sure what prevents free agency and the draft from happening.  The physicals can be done later.  And flying in draft prospects is a relatively new phenomenon (15-20 years).  People need something to take their minds off what’s going on and a sense of normalcy.  Delaying free agency and the draft because some anal GM’s need to fly in draft prospects so they can ask them if they could be any animal what would they be would be a missed opportunity by the NFL.  

Physicals and face to face visits are considered important parts of preparing for a draft. Teams are not allowed to do either right now, hence the need to postpone things.  If a delayed NFL draft is on your list of "problems in life", then you likely have a great life. Rejoice in that knowledge. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, voodoo poonani said:

Please let it be a hoax. This offseason already feel likes it's been going on for a decade.

Hooray!  More weeks of mindless and baseless speculation.  ?

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I sat in a chair yesterday for about an hour looking through a window watching it rain outside. This is day 2. I'm not gonna make it. Please keep football on schedule. 

This could spark a BIG comeback for those ‘vibrating table top’ football games from the 60s.  Key target demographic:  males 21-55.