Draft may be postponed until May

2 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

There are no sports on the airwaves. The NFL would be wise to keep everything as scheduled.

I agree....

signing pkayers can be done on video and efax. You just don’t have press conferences

they can do the draft. The problem is you can’t have fans so they may postpone adraft in Vegas to next year.

teams operate for their team HQs and nfl operates out of nyc.

i don’t see it’s clear for crowds till early June at the earliest.  This virus could settle down by time of training camps.

• Like (+1) 1

Give the people what they need!!!!   
Seriously though, I’m not sure what prevents free agency and the draft from happening.  The physicals can be done later.  And flying in draft prospects is a relatively new phenomenon (15-20 years).  People need something to take their minds off what’s going on and a sense of normalcy.  Delaying free agency and the draft because some anal GM’s need to fly in draft prospects so they can ask them if they could be any animal what would they be would be a missed opportunity by the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Give the people what they need!!!!   
Seriously though, I’m not sure what prevents free agency and the draft from happening.  The physicals can be done later.  And flying in draft prospects is a relatively new phenomenon (15-20 years).  People need something to take their minds off what’s going on and a sense of normalcy.  Delaying free agency and the draft because some anal GM’s need to fly in draft prospects so they can ask them if they could be any animal what would they be would be a missed opportunity by the NFL.  

$100 million contracts isn't good pr for the NFL in these times.

I’m somewhat surprised.  This is not just the flu.  It’s a virus killing some people.  I personally have no problem with either postponing, or at least have no audience live at the draft.  My daughter, and friends cancelled going to a large St. Patrick’s day event yesterday, then they cancelled it.  The good news like other viruses is they don’t like heat, so it will probably die about by May/June.

I don’t want to see anyone get sick and keep spreading this thing.  It’s terrible how many people have died in Asia and now in other countries.

• Like (+1) 1