Former Bill Ryan Neufeld's wife pleads for help for him

The NFL pension plan is one of the dumbest things I've seen. The rich get richer. If you've made a certain amount from the NFL you shouldn't receive a pension. Leave that money for players that need it why does someone like Tom Brady need a 6 figure pension plan? 

I'm sure it's like this in all pro sports but it makes zero sense to pay the wealthiest athletes a larger pension.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I remember seeing Rodney Harrison deliver a blatant and absolutely viscous head shot on him at mid-field of a Bills home game on an uncatchable ball.  100 % targeting.  I'm sure it's not the only hit he took but if it wasn't the worst I shudder to think what might have been.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Google him.  He's one of the guys who's just barely good enough to make a team but not good enough to stick for long.  In other words, a vastly better athlete than any of us, but not quite elite enough for the NFL. 

He had one injury after another during his career, and I'm sure some of those become sources of chronic pain for players as they get older. 

His wife has some tweets that make it sound like the new CBA is what's going to slash his retirement. Why that might be, I have no idea.

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've searched the web for any other news or information about what exactly Neufeld is suffering from. CTE? And what does she mean about "slashing" his benefits? Is this related to the new CBA?

tasker wss saying the benefits were much better for the vets??

Those are still my favorite uniforms , hopefully Pegula comes to senses and brings them back.

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I remember seeing Rodney Harrison deliver a blatant and absolutely viscous head shot on him at mid-field of a Bills home game on an uncatchable ball.  100 % targeting.  I'm sure it's not the only hit he took but if it wasn't the worst I shudder to think what might have been.

I can’t remember how many helmet to helmet hits that cheap ars Bastage, Harrison did in his career.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Those are still my favorite uniforms , hopefully Pegula comes to senses and brings them back.

That brings me to another point, kids. Don’t smoke crack.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Shirley you jest. They were hideous! I hope they never consider it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The NFL pension plan is one of the dumbest things I've seen. The rich get richer. If you've made a certain amount from the NFL you shouldn't receive a pension. Leave that money for players that need it why does someone like Tom Brady need a 6 figure pension plan? 

I'm sure it's like this in all pro sports but it makes zero sense to pay the wealthiest athletes a larger pension.

....read the story about Conrad Dobler, crippled and addicted to pain killers, trying to survive on his whopping $1,000+/mo........gut wrenching......Bills' own Billy Shaw played for 18 grand a year....had to work until age 66 mixing cement so he could get full Social Security to make ends meet..............

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why?

Because they’ve earned it.

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Why?

Because they’ve earned it.

....but based on the billions the cash cow generates, I think they could find "a few bucks" to enhance pensions of the players who helped pave the way early on for today's player riches......read the Conrad Dobler story for reference...........

• Like (+1) 2

Not at all a surprising development, if it is true.  Throw enough cash and benefits at your current voting membership, and figuratively put the retirees on an ice floe in the Arctic, especially the ones who only had a few marginally successful years.  I have had thirty year veterans of a past workplace complain that their pension was inadequate.  When I reminded them that as young workers they were advised to look after future pension considerations, those younger versions of themselves often opted for wage enhancements.  “Screw the old guys!”  We all eventually become that ‘old guy’.