LaCafora: 28 of 30 clients from one agent voted Yes for new CBA.

It is my considered opinion, (when I say that it is yousz guysz que to stop reading) the CBA will be voted in by a large margin ??

I think with the floor raising about $100k for the lower end (and I think close to majority?) of players, this goes thru, and the owners knew it. If you only get a few years in the league, a $100k raise each year means A LOT! 

That’s how I heard it, anyway.....

• Like (+1) 3

I know there is no direct correlation, but in light of all that is going on in our country right now, a “no” vote by the players would be terrible PR for them. But I do not see that  happening, virus or not, I believe it will pass easily. I hope they give us the actual numbers. 

Edited by CSBill

59 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It is my considered opinion, (when I say that it is yousz guysz que to stop reading) the CBA will be voted in by a large margin ??

Sure seems like it.

You give a guy two options, he's gonna vote for the one that pays him more money.   A guy looking at a 5 year career at the bottom end of the scale isn't whining about a 17th game if he's going to get a substantial raise for it.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

I hope it passes just to piss off Aaron Rodgers and J.J. Twatt.

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

When is the result supposed to be announced?

Votes have to be in by 11:59 PM tonight so probably sometime Sunday morning.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Is it to simplified a take to say that the big money boys don't like it and the rank and file are going to benefit?

Based on who has been openly opposed to the proposed contract, I'd say you have drawn the correct conclusion.  The big money guys don't benefit as much on a percentage basis as the low end roster guys.  For example, a playoff game check for a big money guy is almost irrelevant.  Yet for a guy making the league minimum, it's a good bump in annual income.  Thus a couple of extra playoff teams get more players some meaningful additional income.

huh, you mean the top 10% of players *didn't* have the interests of other players at heart?! Are you telling me Richard, the saint, Sherman wasn't interested in what was best for players as a whole over what was good for himself? No way.

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The owners were smart.  Increase pay for the 60% of the players who make the minimum, basically take away marijuana suspensions, and increase retirement and health benefits.  The only people I hear complaining are the superstars who made $100 mil., etc.

I feel so terrible for Aaron Rodgers and JJ Watt.

• Haha (+1) 2