JK Dobbins doesn't get enough love. He's a 2nd round steal

DJB

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Everybody keeps saying that it would be a mistake for a RB to be in play at 22.

But I wouldn't be shocked at all if you hear a RB's name at 22 if the Bills stay there.

Don't get me wrong, I think Singletary can easily be one of the best RB's in the sport, but when all you have is a 5'7" RB and nothing else, RB sure as hell can be in play at 22.

Plus, the FA and trade market is not that great to find another RB to go along with Singletary.

Gordon and Drake will command too much money and Howard is not that good any more, for example.

You've got to know your team. Josh Allen and the Bills need a special talent on offense that can make big plays with the ball in their hands other than Allen. Singletary has that ability but he can't take a beating. The best way to turn the Bills offense into an explosive offense is to draft an elite RB. Especially the way our team in constructed and the offense we want to run.

IMO you don't build your team around a RB but this Bills team is in the perfect position to add that beast in the backfield. Paying one top dollar doesn't make sense. With a RB today basically you use them for 5 years and get another one. I'm fully on board with a RB early in the draft. We can still add WR's. Honestly our 1st 3 picks could be 2 WR's and a RB.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I’d be happy with Dobbins in the 2nd, Akers in the 3rd or Moss in the 4th

I watched a lot of FSU games last year.  Akers in the 3rd would be a steal.  He was the one bright spot on that team running behind a terrible line.

I would in no way be upset with JK Dobbins at 54. That’s tremendous value. Will he be there though? I don’t think so. I think if we want Dobbins, Swift or Taylor we need to go RB at 22. Wait for Mims, Claypool, Jefferson, Higgins, Shenault, Reagor or Aiyuk to fall in RD2 and trade up to 38 with Carolina and package 54 & 86 to land our WR there. Why go WR in RD1 when similar talent will be available in RD2? After Taylor, Swift and Dobbins there is a noticeable dip in talent at RB so it makes sense to go Taylor RD1 and jump up to 38 and take a powerful big bodied receiver like Laviska Shenault. Beane cautioned us about 1st round WRs, also in order to land Ruggs, Jeudy or Lamb we’re talking about a lot of capital to move up in a deep class, like our 1st and 2nd. Why not take the very best RB in the entire class and move up RD2 for our WR there?

7 hours ago, BuffaloFan32 said:

I watched a lot of FSU games last year.  Akers in the 3rd would be a steal.  He was the one bright spot on that team running behind a terrible line.

Akers could sneak into bottom of first. More likely he goes in the 2nd though. 

Hes extremely talented

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No way at 22.

OSU isn't exactly RBU.....

Zeke, Eddie George, Archie Griffin. 

I wouldn't take Dobbins at 22 because I think we can get better value in round 2. 

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

yes that’s the full list 

Sarcasm?

I believe that Dobbins is going to be a very productive NFL RB.  I’d love for the Bills to snag him, but it would definitely require some draft manipulation.  He’s not in the cards at 22 and he’ll be gone by 54.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Sarcasm?

I believe that Dobbins is going to be a very productive NFL RB.  I’d love for the Bills to snag him, but it would definitely require some draft manipulation.  He’s not in the cards at 22 and he’ll be gone by 54.

not sarcasm.  That’s 3 guys in what, 4O years?