JK Dobbins doesn't get enough love. He's a 2nd round steal

DJB

no to see JK Dobbins at his pro day 

So I'll admit, those are my tweets but they ring true. 

Dobbins is going to be a stud. Because he didnt do the combine this year and likely won't be able to do a pro day I think it's going to drop him into the 2nd round of the draft. 

If we grab our WR with pick 22 we could grab a big upgrade at RB and giving the Bills one of the best backfields in the NFL. 

Beane spoke about adding weapons around Josh Allen and Dobbins would certainly help. 

Hes a gifted 3 down back with great pass protection and a nose for the end zone. Great hands out of the backfield as well. 

Those videos are just small samples of what he can do. He runs with great vision, power, he makes excellent cuts and is just a baller. 

I'd seriously consider drafting him with our 2nd round pick and to me that's huge value and a steal. 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I'd love it if he was there in the 2nd but don't most people already view him as a late 1st rounder? I know I've seen plenty of big boards with him as RB1.

I think hes a first round talent, but with Taylor and Swift doing well at the combine and Dobbins not performing to me hes mistakenly become a forgotten man. 

I think he goes in the 2nd and someone is getting a steal

Everybody keeps saying that it would be a mistake for a RB to be in play at 22.

But I wouldn't be shocked at all if you hear a RB's name at 22 if the Bills stay there.

Don't get me wrong, I think Singletary can easily be one of the best RB's in the sport, but when all you have is a 5'7" RB and nothing else, RB sure as hell can be in play at 22.

Plus, the FA and trade market is not that great to find another RB to go along with Singletary.

Gordon and Drake will command too much money and Howard is not that good any more, for example.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Everybody keeps saying that it would be a mistake for a RB to be in play at 22.

But I wouldn't be shocked at all if you hear a RB's name at 22 if the Bills stay there.

Don't get me wrong, I think Singletary can easily be one of the best RB's in the sport, but when all you have is a 5'7" RB and nothing else, RB sure as hell can be in play at 22.

Plus, the FA and trade market is not that great to find another RB to go along with Singletary.

Gordon and Drake will command too much money and Howard is not that good any more, for example.

Agreed. 

I want to upgrade Singletary and not just find a guy like Z Moss who's slow but a banger, or Darrynton Evans who's a speed guy in like round 5. 

I would love to add a guy who's and all around upgrade on Singletary.  Better inside, better power, more speed and better hands. 

Dobbins, Swift, Taylor and Akers fit the mold. I like CEH but hes simply a better pass catching version of Singletary. 

AJ Dillon is super intriguing. He has the exact combine numbers as D Henry. 

Hes a beast physically and likely goes as early as mid  2nd. 

The Bills offence needs to improve. Now is the time to add better skill guys to the team. 

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’d like to know what @Kirby Jackson and @YoloinOhio think? 

EDIT: and of course @GunnerBill

Great player, great person. Has the McBeane DNA. All-purpose back who often compared to Emmitt Smith but i think is more of a Thurman Thomas. Not a burner regardless of what they released about his 40 time. He’s more quick than he is fast. No I would not take him or any RB in the 1st. He would be of value at 54 but I would be surprised if he’s there past Miami at the top of the round. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Question for the board:   Which would you rather have--Dobbins or Clyde Edwards-Helaire?

I've not spent much time looking at Dobbins, but I'd love if we got Edwards-Helaire...

Dobbins is the clear superior player.  I actually really like CEH but to me hes a very similar flavor to Singletary but in an upgraded version because he has better hands. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Great player, great person. Has the McBeane DNA. All-purpose back who often compared to Emmitt Smith but i think is more of a Thurman Thomas. Not a burner regardless of what they released about his 40 time. He’s more quick than he is fast. No I would not take him or any RB in the 1st. He would be of value at 54 but I would be surprised if he’s there past Miami at the top of the round. 

Not that I'm trying to turn this thread into my own personal twitter page Haha. But I think Swift is better compared to Thurman. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He has competitive speed though. Dobbins hits a LOT of big runs. He’s a gamer too. He has a super high floor imo. Assuming he avoids injury it’s pretty much a guarantee he will be a quality back.

@YoloinOhio

I think Dobbins is a similar player to Zeke. Not as high of a talent but he has also comes with clean character as well. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He has competitive speed though. Dobbins hits a LOT of big runs. He’s a gamer too. He has a super high floor imo. Assuming he avoids injury it’s pretty much a guarantee he will be a quality back.

He led college football in runs over 15 yards + this year. 

Edited by DJB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like to see severe contrast between RB's. Somebody like Dillion makes a lot of sense, Just seeing his comps comparing to Henry then the production at BC. He passes the eye test. Dobbins is also a very talented RB. Not as much contrast but dynamic. I would be thrilled with either of them. 

2 hours ago, DJB said:

no to see JK Dobbins at his pro day 

So I'll admit, those are my tweets but they ring true. 

Dobbins is going to be a stud. Because he didnt do the combine this year and likely won't be able to do a pro day I think it's going to drop him into the 2nd round of the draft. 

If we grab our WR with pick 22 we could grab a big upgrade at RB and giving the Bills one of the best backfields in the NFL. 

Beane spoke about adding weapons around Josh Allen and Dobbins would certainly help. 

Hes a gifted 3 down back with great pass protection and a nose for the end zone. Great hands out of the backfield as well. 

Those videos are just small samples of what he can do. He runs with great vision, power, he makes excellent cuts and is just a baller. 

I'd seriously consider drafting him with our 2nd round pick and to me that's huge value and a steal. 

I do not want any RB in round 1.  If Robbins was available in round 2, that is excellent value.  Assuming WR in round 1 and they get a FA edge, RB makes sense.