Should Jonathan Taylor be in play at 22?

I'm not a "draftnik" since I don't follow college football, so I'm not going to tout taking a particular player.  That said, I'm good with the OP's plan.  The Bills need 2 more good WRs and at least 1 better RB (read that as reliable playmakers) than they had last year.  However they acquire them, FA or the draft, is fine with me.  Allen can't improve without weapons, and the Bills aren't winning many playoff games without a significantly improved offense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Actually yes you nailed it......I have Spiller PTSD :P

you are not the only  John     : D

16 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

But you know you're getting the best RB in football in his prime

Fair point !

7 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Well, we pick in the 50s in the second, not 33. So there is a big discrepancy in when I'd feel comfortable as a selection for the Bills. I do like Taylor, a lot. I went on to say I think you van justify him as a first round selection.

Now, into he context of the Bills, a first round RB is bad asset management.

I meant to say if Bills trade back a couple spots add a pick and land him early second. just a daydream of course !

22 hours ago, Locomark said:

We aren't dumb enough to pull another Spiller draft. This league knows you can draft RBs in round 3-4 and still be very successful and we already have a young RB1. The only RB you take in round 1 is a generational type talent and those guys never get out of the top 5-7 players picked.

I hate to brand an entire college but Clemson first round picks to Buffalo .... haven’t worked out well. 
Jerry Butler was ok / but that was 40 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

22: R1P22

RB JONATHAN TAYLOR
WISCONSIN
54: R2P22

WR BRANDON AIYUK
ARIZONA STATE
86: R3P22

EDGE KENNY WILLEKES
MICHIGAN STATE
128: R4P22

EDGE ALTON ROBINSON
SYRACUSE
155: R5P9

OT TREY ADAMS
WASHINGTON
167: R5P21

WR QUEZ WATKINS
SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
188: R6P9

DL RAEQUAN WILLIAMS
MICHIGAN STATE
201: R6P22

LB FRANCIS BERNARD
UTAH
207: R6P28

LB MICHAEL DIVINITY JR.
LSU
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/14/2020 at 10:44 PM, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'd say a 99.9% percent chance we don't take a RB. I do believe they'll sign a compliment to Singletary in FA, I'm thinking Jordan Howard is the perfect candidate. He had a down year, he's been an every down back a few years ago with Chicago and would probably be had for a 1 year prove it. He;d be the bruiser/goaline back getting the tough yards and Singletary will do the rest. He would be a great fit here imo.

Please no.  We need a back that can scare a defense. 

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Please no.  We need a back that can scare a defense. 

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. We need our backup RB to scare people? He's had over 4.0 YPC average all but 1 season, is some rookie RB going to scare defenses? How about just getting a great fit and that's exactly what Jordan would be imo.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. We need our backup RB to scare people? He's had over 4.0 YPC average all but 1 season, is some rookie RB going to scare defenses? How about just getting a great fit and that's exactly what Jordan would be imo.

Why is he a great fit?  Because he’s big and slow?  I don’t understand.  He’s an ok back but I wouldn’t want to pay him more than 2.5 mill a year.  His acquisition price is his most attractive feature imo.  

Do you think that Howard is going to scare a defense more than Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Gibson just to name a few?  We need speed.  Not sloth

Just now, NewEra said:

Why is he a great fit?  Because he’s big and slow?  I don’t understand.  He’s an ok back but I wouldn’t want to pay him more than 2.5 mill a year.  His acquisition price is his most attractive feature imo.  

Do you think that Howard is going to scare a defense more than Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Gibson just to name a few?  We need speed.  Not sloth

A former RB who has been an every down starter, we already have Singletary who showed great promise but because he's not fast we're replacing him? Because those guys you're mentioning are top round players (1-2) most of them.

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

A former RB who has been an every down starter, we already have Singletary who showed great promise but because he's not fast we're replacing him? Because those guys you're mentioning are top round players (1-2) most of them.

We aren’t replacing Singletary.....we should be complimenting him with a big play RB as opposed to a plodding move the chains guy.  Adding a guy that can run routes would be nice.  

Anthony Thomas is what I see in howard 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/14/2020 at 1:57 PM, DJB said:

I do think adding an RB should be a priority but not over a WR. Lots of good RB in the draft that can be had in rounds 2 and 3.

Dobbins, CEH, Dillon rounds 2. Maybe L Perine, Josh Kelly, Z Moss in rounds 

Now that we've landed a long term #1 wr, I definitely think Taylor would be in play at 54. A Singletary / Taylor duo would be devastating. Or play it safe and draft Joshua Kelley in the 4th?

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Now that we've landed a long term #1 wr, I definitely think Taylor would be in play at 54. A Singletary / Taylor duo would be devastating. Or play it safe and draft Joshua Kelley in the 4th?

I'd love Taylor at 54 but he and Swift will be long gone.

Dobbins, CEH, maybe Akers will be there. 

Likely AJ Dillon will be there and I'd be fine with it. 

Perine, J Kelly,   Z Moss in the 4th would be ok too. 

One way or another we are adding an RB or 2

Edited by DJB