Should Jonathan Taylor be in play at 22?

Now before you guys tell me that I should be tested for the Coronavirus, hear me out. He is a great player that would fill a major need. Taylor and Singletary would be a devastating 1-2 punch. We would potentially have a running attack in the same echelon as the Ravens and 49ers. If Josh Allen continues to develop the way I think he can, we could be looking at a top 10 offense. If you put 8 in the box, Allen will tear you up with his arm. You drop one in coverage and you get clobbered by Taylor and Singletary. I know WR is a need but the value may not be there when we pick. I could see us trading up to the top of RD2 and taking Higgins, Jefferson, Claypool, Mims or Reagor there. We still get our WR and we add a potentially elite RB into the mix. 

Am I missing a chromosome? Or would Taylor be a great guy to add to the mix?

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Kirby, what if the top 3 are gone?

I could see them sliding back some but I really think, based on their meetings, that WR will be the pick. They even spent a ton of time with those top 3 guys and none of them are likely to be there. That tells me that they’d even consider trading up.

On a side note, I wonder what their board looks like? If there are exactly 3 WRs gone and they take the 4th guy we will get to see who was next. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I could see them sliding back some but I really think, based on their meetings, that WR will be the pick. They even spent a ton of time with those op 3  guys and none of them are likely to be there. That tells me that they’d even consider trading up.

On a side note, I wonder what their board looks like? If there are exactly 3 WRs gone and they take the 4th guy we will get to see who was next. 

I think we're going to see bold swings from Beane.  Bills are at the point where it's time to push the chips in.  I won't be surprised by a sizable trade up.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I like Taylor a lot. Think he is a 1st rounder and the best back in the class. However, I am never a huge fan if taking a running back in round 1 unless he is the final piece of a jigsaw and that is not the case here. 

Agree on Taylor.   The guy is versatile and consistently productive for years.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, purple haze said:

I think we're going to see bold swings from Beane.  Bills are at the point where it's time to push the chips in.  I won't be surprised by a sizable trade up.

It’s absolutely possible. I‘d be curious to hear Daboll’s thoughts on the Alabama guys. If they make that move for one of them that’s probably a good sign. The fact that someone that has coached them wants them would speak volumes.

• Like (+1) 1

I start feeling comfortable with running backs at pick 29 and beyond. Either you're taking one in the 1st because you're a projected Super Bowl favorite, or you're waiting until the 2nd or later. I'm sure Taylor is a great player, I just don't see the value there. I'd much rather take another RB in the 3rd to complement Singletary. That being said I wouldn't completely hate it if they believe Taylor has elite potential. I would just prioritize other positions first. Anyways this regime prefers running back by committee so it's very unlikely that will be our pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s absolutely possible. I‘d be curious to hear Daboll’s thoughts on the Alabama guys. If they make that move for one of them that’s probably a good sign. The fact that someone that has coached them wants them would speak volumes.

It sure would.  But I wouldn't be surprised if Lamb was their guy.

Edited by purple haze

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I could see them sliding back some but I really think, based on their meetings, that WR will be the pick. They even spent a ton of time with those op 3  guys and none of them are likely to be there. That tells me that they’d even consider trading up.

Where is Leroi when we need him 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

...Anyways this regime prefers running back by committee so it's very unlikely that will be our pick.

As the team gets better they will be in a position to draft starting talent even if that talent will be part of a committee.  Taylor is an awesome player.  I think WR is going to be the play though.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Where is Leroi when we need him 

He was on a crazy run for a little while.

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

It sure would.  But I wouldn't be surprised if Lamb was their guy.

I wouldn’t either. If it were Lamb that would probably be a bit of an indictment on the other 2 imo. At this point, I honestly think one of those top 3 is the plan for the Bills. Whether or not they can make the move is another story.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like Taylor a lot. Think he is a 1st rounder and the best back in the class. However, I am never a huge fan if taking a running back in round 1 unless he is the final piece of a jigsaw and that is not the case here. 

But does he fit that description ?
would he improve the Offense from day one and long term?
cannot always decide when to add specific talent, especially when speaking to BPA when need does not come into play.

at 22 ? is that the case for Bills . or trade out of 22 perhaps? would he fall into BPA by your evaluation possibly ?