Bills re-sign Jason Croom to 1-year deal

4 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I guess I’m the only one who sees Croom as an intriguing talent.  Obviously needs to stay healthy, but it looked to me like he was developing in 2018

Nope , i have had some hope.

He was improving a bit as a Pas Catcher. They were lining him up outside and running WR routes imo.

But losing him for a season seemed it should be the end of his run with the Bills.

Very little hope for him to make the roster. But i do have some he had his head in the playbook and studying film with Allen maybe even

14 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Out of the five..Smith is by far our best blocker.

Its true. and he sets the tone for nasty. LBs and safeties likely know where he is if they are coming downhill.
so much vitriol for Smith. Yes , all those unforgivable penalties are very hard to tolerate, and that is reason enough to move on from him.

But he certainly does block with attitude.

Opposite of Croom really.
who is the next best run blocker at TE ? Probably Knox ?

8 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

He is by far the most likely to draw a flag on a critical 3rd down conversion.

just one of his qualities lol.

14 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

With 5 TEs in camp already and on the lookout for more I could easily see it.

the way they have Kroft structured and Croom now? they could easily let one or both go. Not sure about Smiths contract. But thought they paid him well initially ?

5 hours ago, SWATeam said:

lol

I'm intrigued by his physical toolbox.  What I've seen with my eyeballs, not from the stat sheet.  I think he has the ABILITY to challenge the seam with his athleticism and also split out wide.  We'll see if he can put it together, he's far from a lock to make the team.

Wow, you must have a very keen eye or access to All-22, because he has 387 career snaps, and 35 targets in his career.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow, you must have a very keen eye or access to All-22, because he has 387 career snaps, and 35 targets in his career.

Yes, very keen...

And I'm sure you can understand that we've been able to observe him in training camp and preseason, along with his 387 snaps.

34 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Yes, very keen...

And I'm sure you can understand that we've been able to observe him in training camp and preseason, along with his 387 snaps.

Oh yeah?

"Croom went undrafted in the 2017 NFL Draft. On May 5, 2017, he was signed by the Buffalo Bills. On August 20, he was cut. One day later, he was placed on injured reserve with an undisclosed injury, but was removed four days later and was cut once more. On November 1, he was added to the practice squad. On January 8, 2018, he was signed back to the team"

so...no.

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh yeah?

"Croom went undrafted in the 2017 NFL Draft. On May 5, 2017, he was signed by the Buffalo Bills. On August 20, he was cut. One day later, he was placed on injured reserve with an undisclosed injury, but was removed four days later and was cut once more. On November 1, he was added to the practice squad. On January 8, 2018, he was signed back to the team"

so...no.

I have no idea what this means.  We saw a good amount of Croom in the lead up to, and into, the 2018 season.

My point was simply that I see potential in Croom's skill set.  But carry on.

Just now, SWATeam said:

I have no idea what this means.  We saw a good amount of Croom in the lead up to, and into, the 2018 season.

My point was simply that I see potential in Croom's skill set.  But carry on.

Pretty simple....he's had one pre season and camp.  As I said...

Anyway, he's a rarely used, often injured bench warmer on a team with scant talent at WR.

Edited by Mr. WEO

18 hours ago, SWATeam said:

lol

I'm intrigued by his physical toolbox.  What I've seen with my eyeballs, not from the stat sheet.  I think he has the ABILITY to challenge the seam with his athleticism and also split out wide.  We'll see if he can put it together, he's far from a lock to make the team.

I agree.  Go look at some of his highlights.  With josh actually being able to throw down the seam and into soft spots in the zone croom may be decent.  Hes kind if clay like from an athletic standpoint...which isnt saying much but he could be better depth than Kroft. 

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/jason-croom-catches-for-a-26-yard-gain

Edited by Hebert19