Pick 1 FA - Best Bang For The Buck

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

WR Rashard Higgins 

Right!?! All this guys does is dominate every time I turn on a browns game.  I don’t know if he wants to be the 4th wr on our team.  While I really like his game, we’re going to add a WR better than him (or else!), which puts him is the unenvious position of being the 4th WR on the Bills offense.

whoever gets him, will likely be getting a bargain imo

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Right!?! All this guys does is dominate every time I turn on a browns game.  I don’t know if he wants to be the 4th wr on our team.  While I really like his game, we’re going to add a WR better than him (or else!), which puts him is the unenvious position of being the 4th WR on the Bills offense.

whoever gets him, will likely be getting a bargain imo

Rookie WR's are tricky. You don't know if he'll impact right away. I don't think the Bills will aggressively add a top WR. We'll probably see 2 added though. Our best way to improve WR's production is Josh Allen development.

4 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Melvin Gordon.   4 years, $28m.   Josh is still on the unconventional side.  Best way to improve the offense is to give him a top RB.  Need to add a vet to Singletary.  

Isn’t he looking for Bell-type money?

Regardless, just say no to expensive RBs.

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Isn’t he looking for Bell-type money?

Regardless, just say no to expensive RBs.

What he’s looking for and the reality are two different things.  Can’t see anyone giving him nearly that.  He’ll be lucky to get 10 mill a year imo

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Shaq Lawson - 4 years 32 million. Lawson seems to be getting better every year and I have a feeling that this could be Hughes final season in Buffalo.

Kirksey - Don't overpay for him but don't throw a stupid low offer for him. 3 yrs 15 million maybe.

Lawson had 6.5 sacks while only on the field 49% of the time.  Do the math.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

What he’s looking for and the reality are two different things.  Can’t see anyone giving him nearly that.  He’ll be lucky to get 10 mill a year imo

Of course, and anyone dumb enough to pay a RB $10m+ deserves the mess they create, but the suggestion of 4/$28 seems unrealistic to me.

52 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

He racked up a bunch of tackles for a loss too. I think he could be better than any DE on the market. Plus he's healthy and in his prime.

Breshad Perriman, 6'2" 215lb 4.24 40

Former first round pick starting to click.

6 tds last season in just 36 rec.

17.9 yds/rec was tied for 4th with Diggs

69 targets 0 drops. 

His dad Brett Perriman played 10 yrs and had 108 catches 1488 yds in '95 with Detroit.

I think he is ready to tear it up. ?

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

On the eve of the legal tampering period I thought this would be a fun topic. We’ve been bantering for months as to what we wanted this offseason. The goal of this exercise is to add one player to the Bill. The catch is that you have to factor in the cap number. As an example I think all of us would prefer Amari Cooper to Taylor Gabriel. Would you prefer Cooper at $20M a year to Gabriel at $5M? The goal is to add one player or re-sign one player at a realistic number. If the Bills only issued 1 more contract this offseason what would you want it to be? That doesn’t necessarily mean that it has to be the biggest impact player either. It has to be the best “bang for the buck.” What’s the most impact that you can have for the least amount of $$? 

I will go first and say Robby Anderson at 4 years $45M with $22M guaranteed. Anderson is 26 and has the upside of a number 1 WR imo. He immediately makes the WR room better and more complete. At the same time he’s going to cost just over half of what Cooper does. You can still add a guy in the draft but the urgency to do so is less. I expect the Bills to add 1-2 guys in or above this price point. Anderson for me would be my target. Who is it for you?

I'd def take this over Cooper.  

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

69 targets 0 drops. 

His dad Brett Perriman played 10 yrs and had 108 catches 1488 yds in '95 with Detroit.

Please don't pay the Perriman.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

69 targets 0 drops. 

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Please don't pay the Perriman.

I’m usually a gambler on high ceiling guys. Perriman to me is just too risky. He played great last year but I wonder if it is more Arians offense? I wouldn’t hate it because he has a high ceiling (and speed) but he scares me some.

We really need to improve the offense. Give Allen more options. 

I'd really like a TE like Hooper. A healthy Hunter Henry would've been really nice but he got tagged. 

Melvin Gordon could be an interesting buy low if  his market isn't what he expected. 

Robby Anderson is another guy that could prove to be a quality signing depending on money. He seems to have calmed down since his arrest a few years ago. 

Allen has improved as has his supporting cast. To really see if he has what it takes to get to the next level we need to give him a bit more to work with. Our run game was pretty bad. Our o-line seems to have some continuity and should get some more depth this offseason. We lack a couple of playmakers. A good TE and RB would really open up our offense imo. 

3 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

STOP quoting this crap!!!! They put him out there in play combos where they maximized his strengths and downplayed his multiple weaknesses. How many times did he get sacks off the edge? How many times did he get clean sacks? ZERO. He gets clean-up sacks due to our secondary just like Phillips did. If he was so good he would have gotten more snaps. For god sake he was competing against Murphy ! He didn't get more plays because he didn't deserve them. He can take his overpaid butt out of Buffalo. If I am paying someone over $10 Million, it better be someone who can get around the edge and can't be blocked by a TE! Shaq is average. He has always been average and he will likely be no more than average or a little above average. The fact he is whining about playing time means he isn't a team player. I don't want him here. Go play for some me, me team like the Raiders.  

Edited by Locomark

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m usually a gambler on high ceiling guys. Perriman to me is just too risky. He played great last year but I wonder if it is more Arians offense? I wouldn’t hate it because he has a high ceiling (and speed) but he scares me some.

That's understandable, I just think his ceiling is way up there and the timing is just right on his learning curve. I have no idea what the price would be but if it is reasonable I think he is well worth the risk. I fully expect them to draft a wr somewhere in the top 3 rounds but counting on a rookie to step right into the starting lineup and have an impact is risky.

• Like (+1) 1

To me if I'm dropping big bucks it is on a RT. The rationale is offensive lineman keep their playing standard for longer periods of time so you can give people 5-6 year deals. I don't think they will though. I think DE pay is tricky. They tend to peak in their late 20s and then taper off. So its hard to want to drop good money on a big name 26 year old DE hoping they will be good into age 30-31. It isn't always a given.  There are plenty of value signings available at DT (Michael Pearce or Jarran Reed), LB, and CB and I think we add value signings at all those areas.