New England, Matthew Slater agree to two-year extension

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106221/article/patriots-matthew-slater-agree-to-twoyear-extension

Slater, who's long worked exclusively on special teams, recorded 10 tackles and recovered a fumble this past season en route to making his eighth Pro Bowl team. That broke Steve Tasker's record for most special teams nods.

• Sad 1

Can we all remember this when the final 53 is being decides please? Because every year we have folks moaning that their favourite pet project back of the roster player is going to be cut in favour of "some guy who plays special teams." The kicking game matters and no team invests more energy and resource into it than New England. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Can’t stand NE******, but man do I love Matthew Slater’s game.

I know it’s tantamount to heresy ‘round these parts, but he’s probably a better pure ST ace than Tasker.

Tasker was a much better WR though.

My hatred for NE clouds my opinion on every player on their squad. Sorry, not sorry.

• Like (+1) 1

Damn I wanted us to sign Clowney and Slater.  Well we lost out on one of all time great ST players.  Let's take Shaq's $, add more $, sign Clowney, pair him with Hughes, draft WR with our 1st pick

• Like (+1) 1