Historically Famous Nick Names for Bills Squads .

T master

Over the Bills history there have been some very spectacular players that have donned a Bills uni some so memorable that they have given these offensive & defensive squads their own nick names mostly due to the play of the very talented players on each of those squads & the characters that stood out on those units . 

Two particular nick names that stick out in my mind the first on offense was "The Electric Company" because they turned on the juice, That legendary line consisted of 

HOF - RG - Joe Delamiellure, RT - Donnie Green,  LT - Dave Foley, LG - Reggie Mckenzie, C - Mike Montler, OT - Paul Seymour that was the line that turned on the Juice but only made it to the play offs once .

https://www.bustle.com/articles/165448-the-buffalo-bills-electric-company-got-its-name-from-oj-simpsons-biggest-season

Then there was one of the best Bills nick names for the defensive side of the ban which was "The Bermuda Triangle" 

NT - Fred Smerlas , LB - Jim Haslett, LB - Shane Nelson all led by legendary HC - Chuck Knox .

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/buffalo-s-bermuda-triangle/

Those are the ones i think that I / we remember the most but did the Bills ever have any other really good nick names for groups of players ? Dallas had the triplets, the steelers had the Steel curtain then the 2 above mentioned for the Bills but are there any more that you all can refresh my memory about or were those the only 2 ?

Edited by T master

8 hours ago, T master said:

Over the Bills history there have been some very spectacular players that have donned a Bills uni some so memorable that they have given these offensive & defensive squads their own nick names mostly due to the play of the very talented players on each of those squads & the characters that stood out on those units . 

Two particular nick names that stick out in my mind the first on offense was "The Electric Company" because they turned on the juice, That legendary line consisted of 

HOF - RT - Joe Delamiellure, LT - Dave Foley, LG - Reggie Mckenzie, C - Mike Mottler, OT - Paul Seymour that was the line that turned on the Juice but only made it to the play offs once .

https://www.bustle.com/articles/165448-the-buffalo-bills-electric-company-got-its-name-from-oj-simpsons-biggest-season

Then there was one of the best Bills nick names for the defensive side of the ban which was "The Bermuda Triangle" 

NT - Fred Smerlas , LB - Jim Haslett, LB - Shane Nelson all led by legendary HC - Chuck Knox .

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/buffalo-s-bermuda-triangle/

Those are the ones i think that I / we remember the most but did the Bills ever have any other really good nick names for groups of players ? Dallas had the triplets, the steelers had the Steel curtain then the 2 above mentioned for the Bills but are there any more that you all can refresh my memory about or were those the only 2 ?

You missed RT Donnie Green on the Electric Company.  Seymour played TE.  Joe D played RG not tackle. 

Edited by freddyjj

There was a poster back in the day of Kelly and teammates with the title "Kelly's Heroes" referencing the classic movie ( with Clint Eastwood, Sutherland Rickle, etc).

Maybe "Allen's Army" can work?

It is cool that the fans have a nickname -not all teams have their own nickname and "Bill's Mafia" is called out by broadcasters across the USA.

21 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The story as to what happened with them is pretty wild. It involves a HOF QB, a HOF WR, a former news woman, and the backseat of a car. 

I can't say I remember hearing about that. What I do remember is Thurman Thomas took exception to Jim Kelly calling out the O Line when he hurt his shoulder. Thomas was asked on his TV show what the one thing the team needed to become contenders was and he replied "quarterback!"

• Like (+1) 1