My father in law won $2,000,000!

On 3/13/2020 at 5:11 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

We're rich! Publisher's Clearing House called my father in law today! He won 2 million (actually 2.8 million, which comes to 2,000,000 after taxes), AND a brand new Mercedes Benz. All my father in law had to do was send them $500 for tax purposes, which make sense, that is a lot of money. 

I can't say much publicly, but if your FIL wants to double that, I know of some big deals coming in the stock market.  Don't worry, I got all this info from my good friend @Chef Jim.  You can trust him because he lives in Cali and owns a hill house.  And people know, those hill houses are not cheap. So just have your FIL sign over the check to me when it arrives. 

13 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I can't say much publicly, but if your FIL wants to double that, I know of some big deals coming in the stock market.  Don't worry, I got all this info from my good friend @Chef Jim.  You can trust him because he lives in Cali and owns a hill house.  And people know, those hill houses are not cheap. So just have your FIL sign over the check to me when it arrives. 

It’s been a rough week......

65E50BD8-FDF6-44B9-9FA8-07105EE2C767.jpeg

On 3/13/2020 at 10:17 PM, Koko78 said:

PCH? That's nothing. The daughter of a deceased ultra-rich African warlord contacted me via e-mail, promising to marry me and share her vast wealth. Apparently she's heard of my stellar reputation! All I have to do is give her access to my bank account, so that she can show the banks holding up her wealth that she can pay the fees associated with releasing the millions!

I can't wait to plan the wedding with her!

I've actually read that if you play your cards right, you can make some money off of this scam. Not the millions they promise you. But they usually send a few smaller payments for a few hundred to gain your trust. You just have to then take the money out and ask for a new account number. 

On 3/14/2020 at 6:57 AM, Gray Beard said:

My daughter’s email address book was hacked a few years ago and everyone got an email that said she was out of the country and her passport was stolen, so please wire some money.  A few people called to see if it was true.  It was very convincing.  Scary. 

That's why I have my parents in my phone as just their regular name, not Mom and Dad. And my wife has no special indicator. Read about people that lose their phones, and text close reletives "Hey, my car broke down and I lost my wallet. What's the credit card number so I can pay for a tow." While I trust my parents and wife that they probably wouldn't do that, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

That's why I have my parents in my phone as just their regular name, not Mom and Dad. And my wife has no special indicator. Read about people that lose their phones, and text close reletives "Hey, my car broke down and I lost my wallet. What's the credit card number so I can pay for a tow." While I trust my parents and wife that they probably wouldn't do that, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

My wife is still in my phone under her maiden name, even though we've been married over two years now.