My father in law won $2,000,000!

We're rich! Publisher's Clearing House called my father in law today! He won 2 million (actually 2.8 million, which comes to 2,000,000 after taxes), AND a brand new Mercedes Benz. All my father in law had to do was send them $500 for tax purposes, which make sense, that is a lot of money. 

For real though, watch out for this scam. PCH doesn't call people. They literally just show up at their house and surprises them with a big check.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

PCH? That's nothing. The daughter of a deceased ultra-rich African warlord contacted me via e-mail, promising to marry me and share her vast wealth. Apparently she's heard of my stellar reputation! All I have to do is give her access to my bank account, so that she can show the banks holding up her wealth that she can pay the fees associated with releasing the millions!

I can't wait to plan the wedding with her!

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

PCH? That's nothing. The daughter of a deceased ultra-rich African warlord contacted me via e-mail, promising to marry me and share her vast wealth. Apparently she's heard of my stellar reputation! All I have to do is give her access to my bank account, so that she can show the banks holding up her wealth that she can pay the fees associated with releasing the millions!

Why not just deduct the fees from the millions and release a little less?

15 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Sounds like an open bar! Please post a save the date for all of us!

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

We're rich! Publisher's Clearing House called my father in law today! He won 2 million (actually 2.8 million, which comes to 2,000,000 after taxes), AND a brand new Mercedes Benz. All my father in law had to do was send them $500 for tax purposes, which make sense, that is a lot of money. 

For real though, watch out for this scam. PCR doesn't call people. They literally just show up at their house and surprises them with a big check.

Hi...grandpa?? I’m in jail. Yeah. It’s me...your grandson. Can you wire me money for bail? I need $7,500. Please. 

19 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Hi...grandpa?? I’m in jail. Yeah. It’s me...your grandson. Can you wire me money for bail? I need $7,500. Please. 

My daughter’s email address book was hacked a few years ago and everyone got an email that said she was out of the country and her passport was stolen, so please wire some money.  A few people called to see if it was true.  It was very convincing.  Scary. 

Several years ago someone ran a version of this scam by mailing bogus checks using my company’s (at the time) bank account number.

What a hassle.  Clueless people calling us constantly as our bank rejected the checks.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Does she have any sisters??