Former All-Pro (2017) CB Xavier Rhodes and DT Linval Joseph released.

MAJBobby

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I guess my real concern is all these defensive players being released

We are NEARLY set on the defensive side of the ball....we need offensive players

But we do have some holes on D...that are being filled as we speak.  The O will come.  I assure you.  I expect a big move by Beane.  We may have to give up a bunch but it’ll be a fun player 

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We are NEARLY set on the defensive side of the ball....we need offensive players

We only need a WR and TE on offense.  The Bills need an edge rusher, OLB, and depth at CB and DT on the defensive side.

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Depth is never a bad thing to have. We had to sign a street FA in the middle of the season due to lack if depth along the front for example.

We cant get into the habit of taking this defense for granted and just assume year after year they will be good.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Rhodes is washed. Best part, made the Pro Bowl despite being amongst the bottom of the league in coverage.

Hes kind of my new benchmark when people use the Pro Bowl as a status symbol for how good a player is.

Linval Joseph might be a good pickup but Xavier Rhodes was just awful last season, his stats when targeted are some of the worst in the league:

81 trgts 66 rec  81.5% comp 4tds 0 int 

9.8 yds/trgt  123.8 pass rtng 

Only 4 cbs had a passer rating worse than Rhodes, Josh Norman (129.0) was one of them.

Hard to believe he made the Pro Bowl, that is just ridiculous.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Rhodes is washed. Best part, made the Pro Bowl despite being amongst the bottom of the league in coverage.

Hes kind of my new benchmark when people use the Pro Bowl as a status symbol for how good a player is.

He likely is. However he is no more washed than Josh Norman 

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Vikes must be in cap jail.

That is true.  Rhodes was also pretty bad last season.  Benched at some points

6 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

We only need a WR and TE on offense.  The Bills need an edge rusher, OLB, and depth at CB and DT on the defensive side.

We only need “a WR and TE” on O if we want to get knocked out of the playoffs prior to winning the Super Bowl 

• Thank you (+1) 1