Former All-Pro (2017) CB Xavier Rhodes and DT Linval Joseph released.

MAJBobby

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would have been before the Norman deal. I think he will get a similar sort of contract and I don't think the Bills want to be paying two guys as legit #2 corners. 

I would be good with him on a similar contract to Norman.  Chances are one will pan out and if not, depth.  This is a good year for us to have one year contract with our cap flexibility.

I called this in the Diggs thread a month ago, that they could do this to open up a quick $20,000,000 in cap space and was always more likely to happen than trading Diggs. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I guess my real concern is all these defensive players being released

We are NEARLY set on the defensive side of the ball....we need offensive players

Stack the D in free agency and draft all offense. I know it takes a little longer for offense (rookies) but that may be the way to go this particular offseason.

Apparently Josephs play has fallen off a cliff the past couple years and Rhodes has struggled. I doubt we go after Rhodes after the Norman signing and it's troubling when a DT falls off that bad , they rarely get back to their form. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I guess my real concern is all these defensive players being released

We are NEARLY set on the defensive side of the ball....we need offensive players

Defense can be so much better. Our DL needs a killer instinct. If the Bills can sign Kirksey and also improve the DL it's going to be just nasty. Bills have an opportunity to build a historic defense next year with the addition of a quality LB, pass rusher, and run stuffing DT.

Offense honestly isn't that far off. Get a beast at RB and a couple young WRs in the draft and let Allen develop.