Should The NFL Delay Free Agency?

Should the NFL Delay Free Agency?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NFL Delay Free Agency?

2 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Money talks - e sign contracts. Hold Skype meetings etc. there are ways around this. 

How do I look at neighborhoods and local schools for my children before I decide to sign with a team?? Virtual school visits?

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Players need to be interviewed, wined, dined, flown around in a jet, look at neighborhoods, schools, etc.

It can't hurt to delay it for a month.

Oh wait...I guess everyone wants FA because they'll be bored out of their skull.  We should expose players, their families and franchises to a deadly virus just to make our lives more exciting?? 

#delayfreeagency

Oh yes - flying in a private jet and driven around in a chauffeured car - soooooooo dangerous.  <facepalm>

You in a bunker somewhere or do you plan on buying groceries after your 5 giant packages of TP run out? 

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

How do I look at neighborhoods and local schools for my children before I decide to sign with a team?? Virtual school visits?

Web searches of school stats?  That's what we did.   Not sure what you imagine to get from a live visit.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Oh yes - flying in a private jet and driven around in a chauffeured car - soooooooo dangerous.  <facepalm>

You in a bunker somewhere or do you plan on buying groceries after your 5 giant packages of TP run out? 

Web searches of school stats?  That's what we did.   Not sure what you imagine to get from a live visit.

Live visits to go into a neighborhood, talk with people, observe a class where your kids will be attending, check out the country clubs, look at houses, the facilities where you’ll train for the next 3-6 years. I must be different. More power to you if you can move your family across country based on a Yelp review. 

No, builds character... 

The biggest issue is physicals. Team doctors want to do their own evaluations and getting to guys or having them come to you could be problematic.

Contract wise and talking with agents and players isnt the issue. I dont think it needs to be delayed, but I wouldnt be shocked if it very different looking

48 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You're describing the internet... Everything on the internet is annoying, so don't get on the internet.... The problem is that I, like most, enjoy some level of annoyance as long as I have an outlet to whine about it. 

?

My God you’re annoying!

just kidding, I kid, I’m a kidder.

24 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yea because when players sign contracts 99% of the time they are meeting with elementary school officials. Be real. 

I voted yes, because the playing field is not even.

Some teams have restricted all travel for all personnel while some haven't.

Some teams where states have imposed strict regulations could have a tougher time. By the time UFA opens more states will have imposed stricter regulations

You cant do physicals virtually.

Say hypothetically someone of a teams staff tests positive since they all have been traveling all over, that team is at a huge disadvantage as that staff will have to quarantine and UFAs could stay away.

It just seems like delaying a two weeks to see what happens is the correct move.

Edited by CountDorkula

7 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Yea because when players sign contracts 99% of the time they are meeting with elementary school officials. Be real. 

To be fair, Buffalo is always thought of as a place that players hate until they come here and see the community. 

Some UFAs would care about that stuff some wont.

40 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I've literally never heard of a player making a decision in free agency based on the quality of the local k-12 system. Have you?

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

I've literally never heard of a player making a decision in free agency based on the quality of the local k-12 system. Have you?

While most only care about the contract and the money, Some do come in and check out the communities.

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

While most only care about the contract and the money, Some do come in and check out the communities.

Communities, yes. But specifically local schools? I haven't heard of that before.

• Like (+1) 2