"Team to Watch" - Bills to "Go for it"

it is the time to go for it.  QB on a rookie contract.  Stud CB, LB, and DT on rookie contracts.  No reason not to add the proper veterans NOW (only if they are the right ones) and go for it.  

I'd like to see Hooper and a veteran Edge (if possible) added.  

Keeping Spain was another big win.  

Just now, Lurker said:

Translating "going for it":      Trade up for Ruggs...

wouldn't oppose that either.  He seems like the total package.  Speed, hands, tough.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lurker said:

I thought that it meant trading for a WR as well. It could be up for one of the top guys or trading for an established guy. I think that the Bills make 1 or 2 major moves. I’d consider either of those major moves.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I thought that it meant trading for a WR as well. It could be up for one of the top guys or trading for an established guy. I think that the Bills make 1 or 2 major moves. I’d consider either of those major moves.

I think Ruggs may be the guy.   

Beane has talked about having a Tyreek Hill-type player that can score on any given play.    That might also describe Lamb (but not Jeudy), but I see Ruggs as the kind of wildcard option that Daboll loves so much...   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Is Ruggs a better fit than Jeudy or Lamb in a trade-up? I doubt they could trade-up high enough for Jeudy or Lamb, but what if all 3 were available at their trade-up spot? What are your thoughts on a backup QB? Do you think they add one, or go with Barkley?

9 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Is Ruggs a better fit than Jeudy or Lamb in a trade-up? I doubt they could trade-up high enough for Jeudy or Lamb, but what if all 3 were available at their trade-up spot? What are your thoughts on a backup QB? Do you think they add one, or go with Barkley?

IMO Lamb is the best possible scenario 

• Like (+1) 2

For all those who were whining about the deficiencies of the team last year - THIS WAS ALWAYS THE PLAN - they have been building the team for 2020 since they got there.

42 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

wouldn't oppose that either.  He [RUGGS] seems like the total package.  Speed, hands, tough.  

... injured twice in this calendar year...

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/henry-ruggs-nfl-combine-jon-ross-40-yard-dash/k4uuhfuwuj6e1sg85g37hztvr

Not saying I wouldn't take him - but putting all the chips down on one guy who's popped a hamstring and gotten a concussion in the last 3 months is a little scary.

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is this to suggest that the last twenty years, they were NOT 'going for it'? Hmmmm...I wish they would've told me.

And the last time in those 20 years where they were coming off a 10-win playoff season with a rookie-contract QB, a top 3 defense, and over $80M in cap room was...?

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm no scout for certain,  but I worry that he hasn't had to make alot (or any) contested catches. In his highlights he's always wide open. I don't expect this to be the norm for him in the NFL. He'll probably see more press coverage and over the top help, especially if he's moves into the #1 WR spot here. I certainly wouldn't complain if we landed him, but I'll be watching this closely if we do. Thankfully we have Beane and I trust him more than any GM we've had to date. Go Bills!

48 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I think Ruggs may be the guy.   

Beane has talked about having a Tyreek Hill-type player that can score on any given play.    That might also describe Lamb (but not Jeudy), but I see Ruggs as the kind of wildcard option that Daboll loves so much...   

Seriously?  Have you seen that dudes moves in the open field?  His cuts are incredible.

26 minutes ago, PIZ said:

We certainly seem to be a trade up team lately.  Josh, Tremaine, Cody and Knox all cost us multiple picks.   

In order to move up far enough to get any receiver we wanted it would cost us a 1st next year.  Such a move would be considered madness with the WR depth, although it looks like there's only going to be room to add one starter on offense with everyone returning (including coaches) so maybe Beaner has a specific guy in mind for that and he's willing to bet the farm on it.  

23 minutes ago, babulator said:

I'm no scout for certain,  but I worry that he hasn't had to make alot (or any) contested catches. In his highlights he's always wide open. I don't expect this to be the norm for him in the NFL. He'll probably see more press coverage and over the top help, especially if he's moves into the #1 WR spot here. I certainly wouldn't complain if we landed him, but I'll be watching this closely if we do. Thankfully we have Beane and I trust him more than any GM we've had to date. Go Bills!

Well, using Beane's benchmark of Tyreek Hill as an example, how often is Hill open or making contested catches?    Even NFL DBs are going to have problems with a 4.27 guy.     

That said, I do have some concerns with Ruggs' footwork in getting off the line right now.    He has some things to work on, but his ceiling is certainly "going for it" worthy, IMO... 

• Thank you (+1) 1