Predict Shaq Lawson's contract

5 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

gonna guess not with the Bills...

Seriously? This guy doesn't have a highlight reel of himself and has to look to outside sources? :lol:

This is the only thing that made sense for Shaq.  He is likely thinking $10 to $12 m and the Bills are likely thinking $7  to $8 m. He is a useful rotational piece in this defense and  i would prefer to have him but not at a significant over payment.  Someone will pay him.  

• Like (+1) 1

Without being able to describe the analytics used...or maybe even understand them...I do think it's interesting that both OTC and Spotrac have Shaq's value at right around 7.6 million AAS...

I don't doubt he can get more...But much more than that and I think you're risking over-valuing (unless it's team-friendly deal in the last couple years)...I'm unquestionably a Shaq fan...But my main concern is whether or not he can maintain his level of play, and keep his upward arc, if he's asked to go much past that .463 snap %...That number kept him fresh...

We'll see...?

1 hour ago, thurst44 said:

FWIW, I don't think the caption on his Twitter with the airplane between the two codes was there earlier today, but I could be wrong...

shaqlightinflight.png

864 is Greenville, SC which is where I believe he is from.  716 is Buffalo.  Don't think the airplane means anything other than he went from Greenville, SC to Buffalo, NY.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

864 is Greenville, SC which is where I believe he is from.  716 is Buffalo.  Don't think the airplane means anything other than he went from Greenville, SC to Buffalo, NY.

Yes, I figured that first part out and I get that :). My point was about the timing (and i even couched it in 'fwiw') -- that I looked at the page earlier and it wasn't there and then later, when there's a lot of hints he might be back, it appeared. Again, it's possible that I misremember and it was always there, but if it was just put on there, then the timing would seem to be significant. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/24/2020 at 4:27 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I know it’s been reported that we’re letting Philips go, hate to see that but I understand the business side of that. Although I have read that Beane stated that he is going to work on keeping Lawson for the long term. What kind of contract you think is fair to give to Shaq Lawson?

My hope that it's an expensive contract but on a division rivals team like the Jets because paying Lawson would be a mistake imo.