Predict Shaq Lawson's contract

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

4 years, 32 mill has been the going rate.

If an NFL team wants to give him more....................

thank you for your services Shaq.

I hope he doesn’t leave he’s really turned it around, thought he was a bust in the beginning but he’s really turned it around and became a leader

43 minutes ago, njbuff said:

...Beane may let him test.....and with stupid money abound, no way to predict what offers are out there....4 years, $32 mil would be a nice pay day......how much are you willing to guarantee?.....

8 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Personally I think Lawson is gone. Contract year performances are always a concern.

Hope I am wrong because I love the guy

I think the thing that lends me some confidence is the 2nd half of the prior year he played really well. Everyone was so hung up on him being a “bust” at that point they missed his strong performance. He’s never going to be elite but he’s a really, really solid football player. He’s the EXACT type of guy that the Patriots always have. He doesn’t excel at one thing but he does everything pretty well. 

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Beane may let him test.....and with stupid money abound, no way to predict what offers are out there....4 years, $32 mil would be a nice pay day......how much are you willing to guarantee?.....

I think McBeane wants Lawson back and they might front load the contract.

I also think Lawson is the only one of Buffalo's UFA's they try to bring back.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I think the thing that lends me some confidence is the 2nd half of the prior year he played really well. Everyone was so hung up on him being a “bust” at that point they missed his strong performance. He’s never going to be elite but he’s a really, really solid football player. He’s the EXACT type of guy that the Patriots always have. He doesn’t excel at one thing but he does everything pretty well. 

...a fair and accurate assessment.....so....was the option decline a wake up call?.....or with the decline, was this a "I'm showing up in my contract year" which rarely happens in the NFL (COUGH)?....think keeping the kid in the fold at the right price is a smart move IMO........

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...a fair and accurate assessment.....so....was the option decline a wake up call?.....or with the decline, was this a "I'm showing up in my contract year" which rarely happens in the NFL (COUGH)?....think keeping the kid in the fold at the right price is a smart move IMO........

I think that he’s just a guy who started to understand who he was. There is always pressure as a 1st round rusher to rack up sacks. That’s not who he is (although he can be a 10 sack guy). I think once he became comfortable in his own skin he turned a corner. If they could hand Shaq the same deal Murphy got it’s an easy decision IMO. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that he’s just a guy who started to understand who he was. There is always pressure as a 1st round rusher to rack up sacks. That’s not who he is (although he can be a 10 sack guy). I think once he became comfortable in his own skin he turned a corner. If they could hand Shaq the same deal Murphy got it’s an easy decision IMO. 

Eh, Shaq is in the no mans’ land of players for me. Nice guy, nice player to have, but not worth what he’ll command. His production can be had by a cheaper player, and he commands too much to be a rotational player on this defense.

Luckily, we have so much space this year it won’t matter. But theoretically, he would be a guy I wouldn’t pay if building a team from scratch.

I think 3 years - $28M is where the Bills would like to be on a Shaq Lawson extension.  

I think 4 years - $50M is where Shaq Laswon would love to be.

If allowed to hit the open market I could see a Lawson contract coming in around 4 years - $44M

Seems like too much, probably is too much, but there are so many teams that have a ton of cap space I think some avg. to slightly above avg. players are going to get some nice contracts this yr in FA.

My whole thing is he’s gotten better every year.. Mostly with young free agents you kind of know what you’re getting and hoping they might progress in your program. With Shaq he may not have peaked yet. 5 more sacks this season and this guy is getting in the ballpark of Yannick and clowney money. Someone will absolutely pay for a player on an upward trajectory each of his first 4 seasons. 
He has injury history, but he’s versatile playing both end spots. 
Just my own opinion and I’ve mentioned it before but it really had the look to me that Shaq found a gear he didn’t know he had. 
All of a sudden the “light came on” 

Add in the fact that his first couple years he mostly only played one end spot. The last two years he’s rotating in to Hughes side and he’s actually a really good pass rusher from that side. 
The Baltimore game was all I needed to see to say I wanted him back even at a high cost. 
In today’s NFL where almost all quarterbacks have legs you need a guy like shaq.I urge those who may not have paid attention in that game to go rewatch shaq on defense. He was a monster and one of the biggest reasons Lamar didn’t look like an mvp against us. He held contain and Lamar panicked multiple times when that side wasn’t open to run. I would also add Watson ain’t getting all those rush yards in the playoff game to bring them back had shaq been healthy and in the game. 
I also noticed a bit of a trend this season in some games. Opening drives opposing teams marched right down the field on us multiple times. Then the D settled in. Is it coincidence Shaq generally didn’t come in until the second series? 
I believe it would be a huge loss for this defense to let him walk without an in house replacement already there to take over. This isn’t Jordan Phillips with Ed Oliver waiting in the wings. 

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Last year Lawson was easily the best DE on the team.

u trying to make Jerry mad? 

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

That’s decent value for him.