Quinton Spain to re-sign with buffalo, 3 yr 15 million

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

3 years 15M. Not bad

Not bad?

Its freaking fanstastic result for the Bills....

I think you were predicting a month back that he would be getting a lot more than this. ( from someone.. not necessarily the Bills)..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Conklin @ RT

I'd hate to break it to you but they are playing Ford at RT. McBeane drafted him (and traded up for him) and I think that they are rolling with Ford at RT with Ty as the backup plan in case he struggles. I think people here are underestimating Ford as he played a lot better to end the season. Give him another off-season to work out the kinks in his technique and work with his teammates he is now familiar with and I think he surprises you. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I hope Ford surprises a lot of people at RT this season, it would be good to see him and Dawkins anchoring the tackle positions the next 4-5 years or longer. I kind of trust McBeane and I Think Ford played better as the year went on.

Amazing how quickly everyone here wants to throw in the towel on Ford at tackle.  I'm am highly confident that is not how Beane/McD are thinking about the issue.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Nah, it's pretty much set

LT - Dawkins/Nsekhe

LG - Spain/Long

C - Morse/Spain/Long

RG - Feliciano/Ford

RT - Ford/Nsekhe

Maybe grab another Tackle, and a Guard to compete, but we can roll with that.

We can.  I bet our season ends the same way.  RT is a mess.  If you guys think ford can do it, good for you. I have no confidence in him being a GOOD RT next season. Allen needs one.  We should get him one.  Nsekhe was better but I have no confidence in him being our RT all year and in the playoffs.  I’d part ways with Ty, get a good RT and let Ford battle with everyone for a spot.  He doesn’t deserve to be our starting RT next year imo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Beane!!! ??

Damn good signing!

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

Welp there goes everyones hopes of Ford to gaurd

Im glad spain got re-signed (hopefully) 

For one more season at least. I think the plan was always to give him  at least two seasons at tackle. I think with another off season to focus at tackle, Ford is going to look really good.

having said that, glad to have Spain back! Big signing for the right price. Love Beane, just another move that shows we have a good front office and are legit.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, KD in CA said:

Amazing how quickly everyone here wants to throw in the towel on Ford at tackle.  I'm am highly confident that is not how Beane/McD are thinking about the issue.

I get the inclination to want to kick Ford inside and bring in a RT. But I think McBeane deserves the benefit of the doubt with Ford. Granted he was up and down his rookie year but played better deeper into the season (which is usually a sign of a player working out the kinks) so I think people are really nervous about Ford despite not taking into account the balance of his season and the regime that drafted him. 

With Spain back in the fold I think they are going with the idea that the O-line last year ranged from average to above average and two things will help push their level of play up, and that is continuity and Ford improving/developing. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Cool.  Now get a RT to compete with Ford.

Don't they have Ty? I would love to see them resign Waddle if his medicals are good. Ty and Waddle would give some quality options behind Ford and Dawkins (as both can play both sides.) 

• Like (+1) 1

Spain didn’t allow a sack and while that’s good - even better, it doesn’t prohibit the Bills from going hard on another Offensive Lineman or Drafting one. 

We all saw how important good depth was to make an important stride last year, Spain, Long, current starters and STILL able to sign / trade / Draft one only makes this team better.

• Like (+1) 2