Quinton Spain to re-sign with buffalo, 3 yr 15 million

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Titans line was also banged up and other starters were out, I wouldn't put it as a knock on Mitch.

Mitch Morse is what it is...we needed a center and he was available.

The line may have took over and closed out a few games, such as Tennessee, but they got pushed back more often.  Then there is the pass pro which left a lot to be desired.

These guys aren't bad football players; Morse is a technician and not a mauler, which leaves Spain and Feliciano to pick up the slack inside.  Those two *should* be able to push the DTs around since both are big guys.  Not sure why they have problems too often.

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Mitch Morse is what it is...we needed a center and he was available.

The line may have took over and closed out a few games, such as Tennessee, but they got pushed back more often.  Then there is the pass pro which left a lot to be desired.

These guys aren't bad football players; Morse is a technician and not a mauler, which leaves Spain and Feliciano to pick up the slack inside.  Those two *should* be able to push the DTs around since both are big guys.  Not sure why they have problems too often.

At this point, upgrading the RG spot is the only viable option remaining. Really hoping they do something there and don't focus solely on pass pro. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

Cody Ford does have the talent to be a big time RT. There is no doubt about that.

We forget that he was a rookie in 2019. 

This is what McBeane is banking on with the re-signing of Spain.

He took his lumps, but he also flattened people in 2019.

We shall see.

Ford reminds me of Andy Levitre. Levitre struggled some in his rookie year and everyone wanted him replaced. He turned out very well.

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They could sign a RT and move Ford to Guard.

True that, but there's really no guarantee that Ford will be a stud at guard. I'm probably reading too much into combine results, but the guy only did 18 reps at 225. I'm just not sure about Cody Ford, period.

Most of the things I'm typing are negative, but I really don't have a negative view of the offensive line. I think it's "fine." I just wish it was better. Could say the same thing about each aspect of the offense, which is why they weren't good last season.

I'm thinking an RG would be awesome, but we'll probably just stick with JF and keep Ford at RT. IF Ford can truly push people around at guard, it seems like a no brainer to kick him inside and play Ty at RT or sign someone. 

Gotta get weapons and gotta have better overall play from the QB. We definitely faced an inordinate amount of 8, even NINE, man fronts.

Edited by LSHMEAB

44 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

True that, but there's really no guarantee that Ford will be a stud at guard. I'm probably reading too much into combine results, but the guy only did 18 reps at 225. I'm just not sure about Cody Ford, period.

Most of the things I'm typing are negative, but I really don't have a negative view of the offensive line. I think it's "fine." I just wish it was better. Could say the same thing about each aspect of the offense, which is why they weren't good last season.

I'm thinking an RG would be awesome, but we'll probably just stick with JF and keep Ford at RT. IF Ford can truly push people around at guard, it seems like a no brainer to kick him inside and play Ty at RT or sign someone. 

Gotta get weapons and gotta have better overall play from the QB. We definitely faced an inordinate amount of 8, even NINE, man fronts.

I am actually completely sure of Cody Ford being a NFL player.....I absolutely think he would be a good OG in the NFL and think he can play at RT I just dont know that is his natural fit.

The bench doesnt mean THAT much when it comes to the combine.....especially if the player has long arm length....I think Cody is quality and has the right temperment to be good.

He could make a big jump at RT this next year.....a lot of OT's start off slow.....pretty much all of the OT's from this past draft did.....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This deal looks even MORE amazing after seeing what Flowers got which was double.  

It is an incredible deal for a player of Spain's calibre. Don't give all the credit on this one to Beane though. Q said after the playoff game he would consider a hometown discount to stay because he loves the culture and loves his teammates on the oline. Mark this one up as a win for culture and process. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It is an incredible deal for a player of Spain's calibre. Don't give all the credit on this one to Beane though. Q said after the playoff game he would consider a hometown discount to stay because he loves the culture and loves his teammates on the oline. Mark this one up as a win for culture and process. 

Well I think that includes both Beane and McD wouldn't you say?  ?