We are about to enter into a new reality with no professional or college sports to watch

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe it’s finally time for me to go back and watch our last playoff game.......

But I think I’ll probably just read a book. 

I’ll never watch it.  Ever.  Can’t even watch highlights.  

wash your hands instead, you never know who touched those pages!

i don’t think we’re going to have sports for quite awhile.  My wife gets her husband back

• Like (+1) 1

Good way to save the  NCAA tournament. Pick the teams now .. nothing will be changing. Quarantine all teams, referees, TV crews at the site for a week and  test for sickness. If they clear they can play. If teams win they remain in quarantine .. if they lose they go back to their homes.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ll never watch it.  Ever.  Can’t even watch highlights.  

wash your hands instead, you never know who touched those pages!

i don’t think we’re going to have sports for quite awhile.  My wife gets her husband back

Flip side....this husband gets his wife back. She usually travels for work about 3 weeks/month, but all travel is cancelled. As of tomorrow even going to the office will be cancelled. She’ll be right here under the same roof, but actually doing something productive, unlike myself. 

This is all so weird! 

• Haha (+1) 2

Netflix and the NFL off-season will fill in the gap. Honestly March is kind of a dead time for sports for me personally. I am not a big NCAA basketball fan and unless the NHL or NBA team I like is pushing for a playoff spot the end of those seasons is kind of OK but not must see TV. Spring training baseball isn't that great either (I don't start getting into baseball until June once the playoffs for the NBA and NHL end.) Honestly the XFL was probably the thing I was looking forward to most just to see how the league plays out. 

But if this moratorium on sports pushes well into April or beyond then things will be very interesting as this will throw a lot of things out of whack. Overall though it is better they suspend silly sports events for even a few months rather than risk people's lives. It is just interesting to see how this impacts this one particular part of culture. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Or for those who don’t really watch College football like me, it might be the time to get in to knows the future prospects better ! 

Which college football do you guys recommend ?

I’m kind of attract by Georgia because I watched a documentary of Hershel Walker, and damn i really liked it ! 

Edited by Smitty75

The smoking man on X Files is at it again.  Just when the Bills are turning the corner ... the season will be cancelled and all momentum will be lost.  In the meantime I watch the highlights from the Bills/Dallas Thanksgiving game in my Facebook feed.

Edited by DallasBillsFan1