Huge Bills contingent at Clemson pro day

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

So which is it 4.4 or 4.56

Have to remember that the difference is miniscule. The difference could be just a slight hesitation in the get off.

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Injury prone? Is that true? Seems like he didn’t miss many if any games in college. He got pulled from the fiesta bowl for concussion protocol but came back. What else ... I admittedly did no research 

i wrote seems because he does not appear to engage in physical play.  I thought he was pulled from the bowl game due to a hamstring issue--i could be wrong.  (likely).  

I just prefer a WR who is more physical if he's big.  Again, I have no problem drafting him, (was very pro Higgins a while ago and people roasted me for suggesting we pick him at 22), but now there are other WR's I'd take ahead of him.  Of course, I'm not Bean! 

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

i wrote seems because he does not appear to engage in physical play.  I thought he was pulled from the bowl game due to a hamstring issue--i could be wrong.  (likely).  

I just prefer a WR who is more physical if he's big.  Again, I have no problem drafting him, (was very pro Higgins a while ago and people roasted me for suggesting we pick him at 22), but now there are other WR's I'd take ahead of him.  Of course, I'm not Bean! 

They took his helmet away and announced it was concussion but guess he got cleared at the half 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

They took his helmet away and announced it was concussion but guess he got cleared at the half 

Thanks!  I had no clue.  But,  don't blame me. Blame my kids bedtime, and the fact I didn't really care who won, so my concentration was not great.  ;)

34 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I will be bummed if we pick Higgins, just have no love for this guy. Gets dinged up, not good a releasing, can suffer from the dropsies, not great at seperation, not great at YAC = not what I want, especially at 22

Dropsies? Not sure we watched the same wr. The kid has sure hands. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

Dropsies? Not sure we watched the same wr. The kid has sure hands. 

Didn't say it was all the time, but he has had some concetration drops here and there and hoenstly, the bills have enough of those types of players

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Didn't say it was all the time, but he has had some concetration drops here and there and hoenstly, the bills have enough of those types of players

Every wr has.  He has great hands. 

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I will be bummed if we pick Higgins, just have no love for this guy. Gets dinged up, not good a releasing, can suffer from the dropsies, not great at seperation, not great at YAC = not what I want, especially at 22

He gets dinged up?  Did you watch one Clemson game, the NCG and decide this?  He hasn’t missed a game in 2 years.

He has great hands.

he’s very good RAC

he has solid separation at the top of his routes

I don’t understand this post.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

The 4.43 is faster than anyone on Earth expected...?

Except Tee btw...Who said he would run in the 4.4's...And it looks like he did...At least once...?

It's all hand timed at pro days.. there are huge inconsistencies between scouts timing

There's a reason he didn't wanna be laser timed and I don't buy lack of time

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I don't really agree with any of that tbh. I think he's at worst adequate in terms of releasing, has some of the best hands in the class, and shockingly good in terms of YAC ability.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't really agree with any of that tbh. I think he's at worst adequate in terms of releasing, has some of the best hands in the class, and shockingly good in terms of YAC ability.

Not a big fan of Higgins  injuries scare me , I would love J Jefferson to fall to us at 22 , but I don’t believe he makes it past Philly ... 

BTW he’s my favorite WR of this class , 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Putin said:

Not a big fan of Higgins  injuries scare me , I would love J Jefferson to fall to us at 22 , but I don’t believe he makes it past Philly ... 

What injuries I tried looking it up and all I found is the one from the last bowl game that he came back into the game from.

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's all hand timed at pro days.. there are huge inconsistencies between scouts timing

There's a reason he didn't wanna be laser timed and I don't buy lack of time

So he's slow, and manipulative I guess?...?

56 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He gets signed up?  Did you watch one Clemson game, the NCG and decide this?  He hasn’t missed a game in 2 years.

He has great hands.

he’s very good RAC

he has solid separation at the top of his routes

I don’t understand this post.  

He misses time during the games, my best friend went to Clemson and is a huge fan (I have watched enough games), personally I see a Will Fuller type player in him.

What he does have:

1.) good catch radius

2.) makes contested catches

3.) body control

4.) good on the outside

What he doesn't have:

1.) struggles in tight spaces (dropsies) and

2.) does not get good separation,

3.) YAC is based on big plays and not on stopping making a defender miss and taking it to the house

4.) limited route tree - is this based on slower agility and he can only be effective on the outside (as Beane says are the coaches protecting the player?)

5.) double digit receptions 

What we are missing on the team

1.) Separation

2.) YAC

3.) consistent catching

What Daboll requires:

1.) good route tree

2.) I am going to generalize here, but the WR needs to have a brain in his skull to read the D and change their route

Where I struggle is:

1.) a limited route tree (by far better on the outside than in,

2.) doesn't make players miss

3.) most of his success (stats) have been on downfield plays, which is not a staple of our offense. Josh as of now is a short and mid throw passer, our OL is not great and we want to get the ball out of his hands quicker. A slower WR who seems to be an outside only guy who plays better with the long ball than the short =/= what we are doing on offense. There are simply better players who fit the mold

Edit: forgot to mention this - Is he CJ Spiller/Sammy level clemson intelligent?

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Putin said:

Injuries? He played 15 games back to back years... being dinged up is not the same as being legit injured. Every player gets dinged up.

Edited by BillsFan17

36 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

how are his hands when he isn't outside and is in tight space? How is is YAC on shorter throws? The way he gets free in college - how does that translate in the NFL? I have concerns here

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

how are his hands when he isn't outside and is in tight space? How is is YAC on shorter throws? The way he gets free in college - how does that translate in the NFL? I have concerns here

Higgins did have a high volume of broken tackles. While he isnt overly explosive, he does have a physical element that allowed him to make plays with the ball in his hands.

6 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Higgins did have a high volume of broken tackles. While he isnt overly explosive, he does have a physical element that allowed him to make plays with the ball in his hands.

I don't disgaree, he is huge in terms of size and a phsyical WR.  I also think him getting dinged could be related to needing a bit more muscle on his frame...

We have no explosive playmakers on our offense, which is an issue. If you look at how we run our offense, as of now (have no ccue how we are looking to evolve it). Get the ball out of Josh's hands quickly and WRs being able to read the D and adjust their routes - you need good  quick separtation...

I fail to see him as the best fit at 22 with the other tier 2 WRs on the board; the same basic reasoning why I am down on Shenault as well. 

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 2