Will NFL GM’s draft players online?

I love watching the draft, but I can see NFL putting a camera in every war room and showing each pick with the player reacting in his own home. No Vegas. No hugs from Roger. No handshakes from other draftees. It may very well happen and not sure what y’all think. NBA and NHL playing in empty arenas.....I can see the NFL coming up with some way to avoid “big crowds”.  How should it be handled?

18 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I love watching the draft, but I can see NFL putting a camera in every war room and showing each pick with the player reacting in his own home. No Vegas. No hugs from Roger. No handshakes from other draftees. It may very well happen and not sure what y’all think. NBA and NHL playing in empty arenas.....I can see the NFL coming up with some way to avoid “big crowds”.  How should it be handled?

I actually think this is a legit possibility.  Depends a lot on how this slows down or grows over next few weeks.

There’s no need for the little tables at the draft with two unknowns sitting there waiting for a call. No need for 3x5 cards. Guys like  Pancho Billa and Andre Reed don’t need to be there I suppose. Even the obnoxious Jets’ fans can stay in Brooklyn and stop

their incessant whining. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I actually think this is a legit possibility.  Depends a lot on how this slows down or grows over next few weeks.

Yeah. Unfortunately, I bet the NFL may be working on an online format. 

The talking heads can still do what they do from some studio somewhere...

Roger can still read out the names...

Will it really be that different if no one is there in person to watch it and the players arent there to shake hands and get the team cap put on their head?

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Will it really be that different if no one is there in person to watch it and the players arent there to shake hands and get the team cap put on their head?

I guess that’s the question: We’re accustomed to much fanfare and bright lights. I suppose all draft day trades and announcements could be handled via phone and text. No families waiting behind the curtain, hats on draftees, holding jerseys up with “#1” on first round picks. Las Vegas may be a bit upset if it happens. 

Can't make it to the draft in person?  No problem!  Just buy a subscription to the top secret Patriot's Draft Surveillance System (PDSS) for 3 easy installments of $19.95.   The PDSS spies on the draft rooms of all 31 teams in the League, and now you can too!!!   Not only do you get to see the GM's settle on each draft pick and turn in their card,  but you also get to see and hear all the deliberations and behind the scenes trade offers that are not shown on the regular NFL Network TV broadcast!  Use the same draft system that is used by Bill Belichick the winning-est coach in NFL history!

"The PDSS has been a vital part our Evil Empire's historic dynasty."

Coach Bill Belichick

The first 100 subscribers to the PDSS package will also receive a $20 coupon for Orchids of Asia Day Spa in sunny Jupiter, FL and a DVD with the side line substitution packages of the Cincinnati Bengals!!!

Operators are standing by now!!!

• Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

But every year I wait to see if any teams will literally botch the selection  process ... (ironically it seems like they get it right when they miss their initial selection—further proof of the intrinsic value of the whole pre-draft scouting process):

http://www.espn.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1545117

9 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yes, it will go much faster, and I will be much happier watching it.

9 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Roger will miss out on all the boos he gets on stage.  I guess he'll just have to suck it up and soldier on!......lol

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

lots of purell and saniwipes

yeah, I see the draft being done w/o a audience this year, or even remotely.  Although the draft picks could still be announced over the phone.  

If it's done online, I'm sure the Pats** are trying to hack it so that Tu or Burrow automatically goes to them! 

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah, I see the draft being done w/o a audience this year, or even remotely.  Although the draft picks could still be announced over the phone.  

If it's done online, I'm sure the Pats** are trying to hack it so that Tu or Burrow automatically goes to them! 

It’s going to be a little different. I’ll miss all the “over the top” suits and there’s always that one player who sits alone backstage who doesn’t get called until Day 2. 

Have a camera and podium at all 32 locations. ESPN can do their studio thing and show highlights and then go live at each war room when they are picking.

”Let’s go live to Buffalo, where Bills GM Brandon Beane is set to announce who the Buffalo Bills select at 22.”

• Like (+1) 2