Kyle Williams named DC at Ruston HS in Louisiana

3 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Marv started his coaching career with HS football and Basketball. Gotta start somewhere. 

Well, sure, but Marv didn’t have Kyle Williams pedigree when he started. There is no way this guy wouldn’t have been able to get a job at a college as a DC or in the NFL as a DL coach. Wonder if he was just bored in retirement? I assume this school is within miles from his home. 

16 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Is it just me or does this position seem a bit below Kyle? DC at a HS? I would think he could have, at the very least, been hired at the local community college. 

HS football down south is no joke. There are ex NFL players coaching along with ex college coaches and D1 players

Very few if any Jump right to college

HS football is a way of life down there

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Well, sure, but Marv didn’t have Kyle Williams pedigree when he started. There is no way this guy wouldn’t have been able to get a job at a college as a DC or in the NFL as a DL coach. Wonder if he was just bored in retirement? I assume this school is within miles from his home. 

I'm sure it's a way of still living a retired life while still being involved with the game he loves.