No fans allowed at NCAA tournaments.

Beast

17 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I think that Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Kia, Toyota, et al should stop selling vehicles in the interest of safety, because, ya know, you're WAY more likely to die in a car crash than you are from getting Covid-19. See what happens when we make safety the absolute #1 concern?

The reality is that MOST people who will get Covid-19 will easily get over it, and they may not even have any symptoms at all.

That’s fine, we can agree to disagree. Yes, most people will be just fine, but many will not. My 92 year old mother can go a spell without a visit from me. I don’t see the need for reckless behavior. I also drive my Toyota as safely as I can. 

I can try to avoid big crowds for a while with the hope that we can more easily manage our way through this situation. No need to overwhelm the medical community. It’s not a huge sacrifice, but it will be strange as hell! 

It’s been criminal to sell seats in football stadiums for basketball games, you can’t see anything unless you are sitting in the risers or  court side 

Syracuse was always fair in cutting off half the seating or telling you it’s practically zero visibility seating

Edited by row_33

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It’s been criminal to sell seats in football stadiums for basketball games, you can’t see anything unless you are sitting in the risers or  court side 

Syracuse was always fair in cutting off half the seating or telling you it’s practically zero visibility seating

You end up watching on the scoreboard as much as not. It’s a decision. Do you want it live, or do you want to see it better and have access to food/drinks and a bathroom without hassle. I see both sides and choose based upon the event. 

43 minutes ago, Augie said:

You end up watching on the scoreboard as much as not. It’s a decision. Do you want it live, or do you want to see it better and have access to food/drinks and a bathroom without hassle. I see both sides and choose based upon the event. 

Ford Field hosted the regional finals, then the Final Four back to back

The first year I had front row club seats (for Lions games) and even that was too far away, I think I could tell which team was Curry’s Davidson and then Kansas in the second game, a total ripoff, and those seats were better than 80 percent of the game

best watching in a hockey arena, Buffalo and Auburn Hills would rotate each year while back

Tough luck with timing this year. It will definitely take a lot away from the tournament. 

I would imagine this benefits the favorites, but there isn’t any dominant team in the field to begin with.

Edited by Rockpile233

2 hours ago, Mr Info said:

So far, the DIII sweet sixteen tournament game in Ashland VA is still on this Fri. & sold out. 
Hometown powerhouse Randolph Macon (28-2, 10th sweet sixteen) vs Yeshiva (29-1, 1st sweet sixteen). All that may change rather quickly as the 9th case of Covid19 in VA was positive for a teenager today in Ashland. 

btw - Brockport also in DIII sweet 16

yep, no fans

ASHLAND, Va. – The NCAA has decided to limit attendance to all championship events, including Friday’s third-round men’s basketball match-up between Randolph-Macon and Yeshiva.

Essential staff, credentialed media and immediate family members determined by participating schools’ administrators will be the only people allowed into Crenshaw Gym.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

A couple years ago, when SU was first talking about Dome renovations, it came up that the Dome holds more fans for basketball, than most NBA arenas. 

1 minute ago, Just Jack said:

A couple years ago, when SU was first talking about Dome renovations, it came up that the Dome holds more fans for basketball, than most NBA arenas. 

This fan appreciated that Syracuse held the game at one end of the dome, Pistons and Raptors did the same until they moved into hockey arenas

Unfortunately, after tonight’s disappointing loss, this means my Xavier team will be watching on TV, just like me. I LOVE NCAA games, but not this year. Hope we get back to “normal” soon and with minimum after affects. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I don't think there's any reasonable chance the NCAA basketball tournament gets played on schedule.

I agree.  Not a chance.  There are 68 teams, made up of 12 players, 5 coaches, 6 or so support staff, refs, facility managers, media people etc..  To have a tournament we have to hope that none of those folks get tested as positive.  That's just not gonna happen since they are all traveling around, staying in hotels, etc.

Once this gets cancelled, I will officially not acknowledge anyone that says Syracuse didn't make the tournament. We will never know!

But seriously, I expect this and all sporting events to be cancelled soon.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Once this gets cancelled, I will officially not acknowledge anyone that says Syracuse didn't make the tournament. We will never know!

But seriously, I expect this and all sporting events to be cancelled soon.

Postponed for a bit for pro sports

15 hours ago, John in Jax said:

I don't agree with the move...at all. But hey, it's their millions of dollars that they will be losing!

out of total curiosity, do you still not agree with the move?   i'm not trying to criticize, but rather wondering if the last few hours have changed people's opinions.