The Bears’ LB Leonard Floyd might become available.

3 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Id rather have Shaq

I was just thinking about how they could actually compliment each other.  Shaq at DE and Floyd at SLB in base 4-3 and Floyd rotating with Shaq at DE in the nickel.  Oh well, neither are likely to be a Bill in 2020. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I never got why a team would give up a 1st pass rusher early.  But yeah, I’d totally trade them Kroft for him. 

18.5 sacks in  54 games. Meh, not so good considering he had 7.0 as a rookie. 

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I was just thinking about how they could actually compliment each other.  Shaq at DE and Floyd at SLB in base 4-3 and Floyd rotating with Shaq at DE in the nickel.  Oh well, neither are likely to be a Bill in 2020. 

Give me Floyd's former Dawg teammate Jordan Jenkins and a guy like Mario Addison or Emmanuel Ogbah. 

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Give me Floyd's former Dawg teammate Jordan Jenkins and a guy like Mario Addison or Emmanuel Ogbah. 

In his defense as an OLB he’s in coverage a lot. 

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I haven’t watched him a ton but as others have said, each system is different.  Hughes has 5 sacks in 3 years in Indy.  Murphy, a big FA signing, had 15 in 3 years.  

as long as it’s not a character issue, I always like kicking the tires on guys with big time talent of the price is right.  You can never have enough pass rushers and this defense is a great pass rusher from being elite.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I haven’t watched him a ton but as others have said, each system is different.  Hughes has 5 sacks in 3 years in Indy.  Murphy, a big FA signing, had 15 in 3 years.  

as long as it’s not a character issue, I always like kicking the tires on guys with big time talent of the price is right.  You can never have enough pass rushers and this defense is a great pass rusher from being elite.

I get it, I just don't see Floyd as a ideal fit is all. 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

He seems well suited there.  I can see the Steelers grabbing him if the Bears rescind the 5th year option.  They definitely have a need there right now.  I wonder how he’d fare as a 4-3 SLB, possibly adding a pass rush option on passing downs?

He has never been a sack the QB type of LB.