The Bears’ LB Leonard Floyd might become available.

Is he actually good?

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Is he actually good! 

Is that a question as in "Is he actually good?" or did you mean it as the statement "He is actually good!"?

Because what you wrote makes no contextual sense.

• Haha (+1) 3

It’s a question, don’t know why there is a exclamation point in there, fat fingers I guess... 

I edited it for you, ?

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

He definitely gives off the Jerry Hughes type vibe where a change of scenery might be all that he needs. I remember liking Floyd a lot in that draft, amazing burst, long arms and good instincts. He has the bend around the corner that all good DE’s seem to have. For the right price I would definitely  be interested.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Why not?  I have not seen him play much, no recollection of talent.

never liked him at georgia, during draft process and he hasn't lived up to his draft spot since. just a below average player backup at best imo. 

56 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Was there a link or story here at one time?

He is in 5th year of contract; if Bears do not cut they are obligated to pay full salary in March.

He has not been good at sacks except against Green Bay in college or NFL.

He is a versatile LB who can cover.

Bears have a number of players FAs and are having cap issues.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-chicago-bears-leonard-floyd-20200310-ye7heolf5jeq7izmzrg6uh4fhy-story.html

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bears-have-a-huge-decision-to-make-with-leonard-floyd-before-the-start-of-the-new-league-year/

26 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

never liked him at georgia, during draft process and he hasn't lived up to his draft spot since. just a below average player backup at best imo. 

Sounds like the one year prove it deal player that Beane covets.

22 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Absolutely loved the guy coming out of Georgia but I think he is strictly a 3-4 OLB.  

He seems well suited there.  I can see the Steelers grabbing him if the Bears rescind the 5th year option.  They definitely have a need there right now.  I wonder how he’d fare as a 4-3 SLB, possibly adding a pass rush option on passing downs?