A Photographic Look at the 60's and 70's

T&C

On 4/17/2020 at 3:15 PM, T&C said:

Slowhand just before rehab... what came next was 461 Ocean Boulevard.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and stripes

I had 461 Ocean Blvd back in the day, great album!

We had some music friends in Sarasota/Bradenton and one recorded with Clapton in south Florida at some studios. I asked what albums, and he really had no idea. Shocked me! He remembered the music, the chords, the studios, etc but didn’t follow “what album”. Seemed odd as an outsider, but I’m not in the R&R HOF.  What do I know?  ?‍♂️

Side note: he said Clapton gave you the notes, and you were to play them precisely as they were. Neil Young would send the music in advance and say “you know, this is just a guideline, you play it how you feel it.”  Great times. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 4 weeks later...

vintage-3-hp-briggs-stratton-engine-mini

Look closely on top of this engine and you will see that there is a little metal lever that was the kill switch.
You would slap at that lever and it would click over against the top of spark plug and create a grounding circuit to the engine block to prevent electricity from flowing, thus stopping the spark and stopping the engine.  
Whenever possible use your foot (assuming you are wearing shoes).

Zap!!!    That type of kill switch wouldn’t be allowed these days.

I also remember using a screwdriver to short circuit the spark plug to the block if the engine didn’t have a built in lever.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

vintage-3-hp-briggs-stratton-engine-mini

Look closely on top of this engine and you will see that there is a little metal lever that was the kill switch.
You would slap at that lever and it would click over against the top of spark plug and create a grounding circuit to the engine block to prevent electricity from flowing, thus stopping the spark and stopping the engine.  
Whenever possible use your foot (assuming you are wearing shoes).

Zap!!!    That type of kill switch wouldn’t be allowed these days.

I also remember using a screwdriver to short circuit the spark plug to the block if the engine didn’t have a built in lever.

After years of buying badly designed rotary mowers powered by these B&S 4 cycles, my father found Lawn Boy mowers, 2 cycles made by OMC of Canada.  The problem there was getting the right oil to gas mix, too much oil resulted in gummed up ports.

14 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

After years of buying badly designed rotary mowers powered by these B&S 4 cycles, my father found Lawn Boy mowers, 2 cycles made by OMC of Canada.  The problem there was getting the right oil to gas mix, too much oil resulted in gummed up ports.

I had a neighbor who was a fan of Lawn Boy mowers.  They were small (because of the 2 cycle engine) and had that funky asymmetrical wheel arrangement with the grass chute toward the front. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.