A Photographic Look at the 60's and 70's

T&C

52 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I still have a Sony deck.  The main problem is when I play tapes from the 70's, which is all of them, all the oxide ends up on the heads.  

Yeah... I think that no matter how well you store them its simply the age that causes them to degrade. I sold all of my factory tapes years ago. The ones I recorded myself got ruined during hurricane Elana so I have none... but I still have the deck.

27 minutes ago, T&C said:

Yeah... I think that no matter how well you store them its simply the age that causes them to degrade. I sold all of my factory tapes years ago. The ones I recorded myself got ruined during hurricane Elana so I have none... but I still have the deck.

Even though I can't play any of my old recordings it is still hard to part with it.  I think the last time I tried was about 10 years ago. 

It is amazing how heavy a box with 30-40 tapes is.  I forgot how heavy they were.  Gee, metal coated, who would have thought.?

11 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Even though I can't play any of my old recordings it is still hard to part with it.  I think the last time I tried was about 10 years ago. 

It is amazing how heavy a box with 30-40 tapes is.  I forgot how heavy they were.  Gee, metal coated, who would have thought.?

Albums are heavy too... dreaded moving back when, had over 10,000. Around 1k now though, sold most of that too. You can still buy blank reel tape and just record whatever you like. Sometimes the factory cases are worth more than the tape itself from the old ones. 

Honda-CB160-Right-Side-5.jpg?w=1275&ssl=

Mid 1960s Honda CB160.  My friend’s dad had one when I was 13 in 1970.  He used to let us ride it on some dirt roads near our house.  I thought I was pretty hot stuff.  Pretty tame in retrospect, but at least I learned how to shift gears on a motorcycle.  One of those skills that stays with you forever. 

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I read that book when I was in college. I might still have my copy in a box somewhere.

Don't think I've ever had the book, but a couple copy's of the LP... still have one of those.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.