A Photographic Look at the 60's and 70's

T&C

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Every family picnic I attended in the ‘70s. Not one injury. ?

51BEF00D-8375-4A1E-AF1B-6821D83DD242.jpeg

817359EC-DA73-46E1-8572-A03EFBCFF4D0.jpeg

Jarts were everywhere, was a fun game... I know of no one who knows of anybody getting hurt by them, the numbers must have been low. The start of pussification?

I'm sure more people have been hurt by horseshoes.....

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 1

lawn darts.....

My team had a few hours to kill till the next tournament game so we went to the beach and set up the darts

a man in an expensive car drove onto the beach very fast and just missed one of my friends, and parked his car on the beach near our lawn darts game

when we pointed out all the signs saying no autos permitted in the beach he gave us the double bird and said some very unkind things

So a minute later a friend unfortunately overshot his lawn dart by ten feet and it stuck right in the drivers door, most unfortunately, and we decided it was high time to go back to the tournament venue 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, T&C said:

Image may contain: indoor

we had the issue where the business returns from letting the FFFB stay at his home and he returns to find the house gone, foundation included because they sold the house piece by piece to buy drugs 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

we had the issue where the business returns from letting the FFFB stay at his home and he returns to find the house gone, foundation included because they sold the house piece by piece to buy drugs 

To be expected lol

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

My folks used to tote me and the siblings around in one of these, purchased in WNY, with no AC.

77-pontiac-catalina-safari-wagon-1.jpg

When we moved to PA, the lack of AC was a REAL issue in the summertime.

need the pickup truck with 3-on-the-tree where us kids would sit on the edge of the open panel back without restraint, even on highways, get a good breeze 

Edited by row_33

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

My folks used to tote me and the siblings around in one of these, purchased in WNY, with no AC.

77-pontiac-catalina-safari-wagon-1.jpg

When we moved to PA, the lack of AC was a REAL issue in the summertime.

We took a trip from Buff to CA in the early 70s with a Falcon station wagon and a Scotty travel trailer. Can't wait to recreate that once I retire. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/14/2020 at 10:45 PM, T&C said:

Dr. Demento presents:

- I have talked to you and talked to you and talked to you till I'm blue in the face, and I'm done talking to you!

- Good, does that mean you're done spittin' on me too?

- Shut up, I'm not done talking to you!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.