A Photographic Look at the 60's and 70's

T&C

On 7/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Hungry? Hit the Red Barn.

Red Barn.jpg

There was a 'Red Barn' on Lakeshore Drive in Dunkirk, my dad's hometown. I remember it as kid in the '70s when we went to see my grandmother. The building has survived and is currently operating as 'Pizza Village' (below), directly across the road from the Dunkirk Marina.

Pizza Village ~ Dunkirk, NY 14048 | ORDER NOW! Ph: 716-366-7521

My image from the '70s is the 'Sears Winner II' sneaker. I had these bad boys in green and in red (the split suede over nylon) when I was in middle school. I thought they were awesome when I was a kid. ❤️

Sears The Winner 2 “Get the feel of a WINNER.” | OLD SNEAKER POSTERS

Amazon.com: RelicPaper 1977 Sears Winner II Shoes: Super Style for ...

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Who remembers "Henry's Hamburgers" ????

Henry's,_Fairplane_Plaza,_12_,16_,2009-.

There was one on Main St. in Buffalo, quite close to St. Mary's School for the Deaf.  That was Ernie Warlick's store.  Also one at Bailey and Highgate, near UB.  I don't think Ernie had ownership in the latter.

I remember my dad piling the family into the car and taking us all to Bailo's. As a kid, that beef on weck seemed as big as my head! The horse meat rumors were unfounded and debunked but, even if they hadn't been, that was some seriously delicious equine. ?  It was a sad day when it caught fire.

Torn-Down Tuesday: Bailo's, famed for beef on weck and an urban ...  images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSELn6iPAQXpPAwtPzt9SPFhacYsyQ7Epd3qA&usqp=CAU

http://blog.buffalostories.com/torn-down-tuesday-bailos-famed-for-beef-on-weck-and-an-urban-legend/

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/22/2020 at 10:21 PM, T&C said:

We used to have them in WNY... used to get a postcard every year for your birthday, good for one dog, one fry, and one root beer. I still have one that I never used, probably because I wasn't old enough to drive at the time. That place was a real treat once a year or so.

Dog N Suds

Arf n Barf!

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

Arf n Barf!

Are you trying to ***** up my childhood memories lol? I loved that place twice a year or so, think it was around the corner of the mall... Genesse  sp. st. maybe. Their root beer was pretty top notch as far as that goes. Station wagon days...

On 8/7/2020 at 10:04 PM, T&C said:

Are you trying to ***** up my childhood memories lol? I loved that place twice a year or so, think it was around the corner of the mall... Genesse  sp. st. maybe. Their root beer was pretty top notch as far as that goes. Station wagon days...

that's what we called it in our Canadian childhood. Our uncle was a Dairy Queen franchisee

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I thought my parents indulged us kids by trying every gimmicky and fast food restaurant in WNY, but Dog n Suds I do not remember.  Locations?

The one we used to go to was on Genesee about a quarter mile east of Transit on the north hand side of the road... best of my recollection anyways. Could have been Main though but it was near the mall.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.