A Photographic Look at the 60's and 70's

T&C

5 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

musclecarevolutioneu-1_large.jpg?v=14963

the cars...   I think 1968 is my favorite year for cars...  Mustang, Camaro, Barracuda, Chevelle, GTO...  the list goes on and on.

Javelin:

1968 Javelin SST For Sale

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I remember Herb Edelman being 'harassed' in an American Motors commercial because of the Javelin he was driving.

I don't know who that is but why? The Javelin only got better looking as the years went by... when we lived in Wyoming County some jackass drove an absolutely gorgeous 71 (I think) off of the road and over a concrete water pipe right next to our property. It was purple... and what a killer car it was. They just towed it away, don't know what happened afterwards. 

When I first met the wife girl she was driving a Gremlin, a lime green one at that lol.

32 minutes ago, T&C said:

I don't know who that is but why? The Javelin only got better looking as the years went by... when we lived in Wyoming County some jackass drove an absolutely gorgeous 71 (I think) off of the road and over a concrete water pipe right next to our property. It was purple... and what a killer car it was. They just towed it away, don't know what happened afterwards. 

When I first met the wife girl she was driving a Gremlin, a lime green one at that lol.

The Gremlin was a special car, and lime green was the cherry on top!

When I met the wife (while living in the low country of SC), she was driving a powder blue Pinto. Stick shift (new to me at the time), no A/C but she did have the sunroof for those 120 heat index days! Let the built up 200 degree air out thru the roof! YAY! Cloth seats so the sweat drenched driver didn’t stick to the soaked seats. 

Her father had told her if she could wait just a couple weeks he could get her a better car. The impatience of youth can be astonishing! Most of us were guilty, I’m sure. Glad the thing never blew up on us! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

I don't know who that is but why?

Herb Edelman played Murray the cop in the movie version of The Odd Couple, Appeared in dozens and dozens of TV shows in the 60s through the early 90s and is best known for playing  Stanley Zbornak, Dorothy's (Be a Arthur's) husband on The Golden Girls.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Wacka said:

Herb Edelman played Murray the cop in the movie version of The Odd Couple, Appeared in dozens and dozens of TV shows in the 60s through the early 90s and is best known for playing  Stanley Zbornak, Dorothy's (Be a Arthur's) husband on The Golden Girls.

I was wondering if there were some nefarious ties to Julian, but I didn't find any.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

I always thought color television brought about this fashion.  So why is this pic in black and white?

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It is in colour!  ?

You're right, as explained by Calvin's dad:

calvinhobbescolora.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/25/2020 at 9:01 PM, Augie said:

The Gremlin was a special car, and lime green was the cherry on top!

When I met the wife (while living in the low country of SC), she was driving a powder blue Pinto. Stick shift (new to me at the time), no A/C but she did have the sunroof for those 120 heat index days! Let the built up 200 degree air out thru the roof! YAY! Cloth seats so the sweat drenched driver didn’t stick to the soaked seats. 

Her father had told her if she could wait just a couple weeks he could get her a better car. The impatience of youth can be astonishing! Most of us were guilty, I’m sure. Glad the thing never blew up on us! 

Where in the lowcountry? 

14 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It is in colour!  ?

You lost me.  Then I looked at the colour and thought is this guy english.  When I saw Ridgeway I understood, or at least understood the spelling.  And then I had to look up the emoji.  So I am still lost.  It must be time for coffee.

15 hours ago, Greybeard said:

I always thought color television brought about this fashion.  So why is this pic in black and white?

That might have been when the Beatles were part of a  live worldwide broadcast where a bunch of stars   sang "A;; you Need is Love". Ive seen the film of that and it was in B&W. That happened on June 25, 1967.

37 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

You lost me.  Then I looked at the colour and thought is this guy english.  When I saw Ridgeway I understood, or at least understood the spelling.  And then I had to look up the emoji.  So I am still lost.  It must be time for coffee.

? is my 'go to' to indicate I am pondering a question, or I am genuinely befuddled.  That happens more often than not these days...??

8 hours ago, Wnybricky said:

Where in the lowcountry? 

The Netherlands?  ?

12 hours ago, Wnybricky said:

Where in the lowcountry? 

Moved to Hilton Head right after college. Managed bank branches there and in Beaufort. My boss was in Charleston. Love that area, but it sure does get HOT!  Met my wife in HHI, our kids were born there. They would tell people they were born in SC, I’d tell them to say Hilton Head! Wife is from Rock Hill, SC. P

Why? Where are you? 

Edited by Augie

On 6/24/2020 at 3:51 PM, Gray Beard said:

musclecarevolutioneu-1_large.jpg?v=14963

the cars...   I think 1968 is my favorite year for cars...  Mustang, Camaro, Barracuda, Chevelle, GTO...  the list goes on and on.

https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/muscle-cars-explained-history/

Like '57...The answer always comes  with proper social  distance  and push to safety.  You'd  think we'd  know  how to solve our  problems by now. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Augie said:

Moved to Hilton Head right after college. Managed bank branches there and in Beaufort. My boss was in Charleston. Love that area, but it sure does get HOT!  Met my wife in HHI, our kids were born there. They would tell people they were born in SC, I’d tell them to say Hilton Head! Wife is from Rock Hill, SC. P

Why? Where are you? 

We settled in Summerville SC about 3 years ago. Figured if you used term lowcountry you had to be close 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.