Marshal Yanda retiring

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whispers of this around Super bowl time but looks to be happening. 

That's big, actually.  When the Ravens lost their center Matt Skura and rookie Mekari took his place, the OL did surprisingly well.  A couple of our Ravens visitors expressed that Yanda was helping Mekari with the protection calls and that's one reason why they did so well.

18 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Massive hit to their line, but they are a very good drafting organization. Obviously Yanda will have immense shoes to fill, but again, the Ravens draft well...

Will be worth keeping an eye on how they patch that hole. 

If they get Skura back from his knee injury, they may try to slide Mekari over?  He played well for them at center.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's big, actually.  When the Ravens lost their center Matt Skura and rookie Mekari took his place, the OL did surprisingly well.  A couple of our Ravens visitors expressed that Yanda was helping Mekari with the protection calls and that's one reason why they did so well.

If they get Skura back from his knee injury, they may try to slide Mekari over?  He played well for them at center.

I mean, that's a fantastic problem for them to have, ironically enough. Skura was playing some of his absolute best football before the injury in week 12. However, like you mentioned Mekari filled in extremely well. Considering they have some legit talent all along the line, losing Yanda will hurt, but they may be able to plug the hole with what they already have on the roster.

They only have around 30 million in cap space if I'm not mistaken. Idk how Yanda's retirement factors into that figure...

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

I mean, that's a fantastic problem for them to have, ironically enough. Skura was playing some of his absolute best football before the injury in week 12. However, like you mentioned Mekari filled in extremely well. Considering they have some legit talent all along the line, losing Yanda will hurt, but they may be able to plug the hole with what they already have on the roster.

They only have around 30 million in cap space if I'm not mistaken. Idk how Yanda's retirement factors into that figure...

The Ravens for sure get his $7M salary back on the cap.  They can ask him to repay the 2020 amortized portion of his signing bonus which is another $4M

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I would think so; injury is the only reason he didn’t make 9 consecutive pro bowls.

Ruben brown went to 8 straight pro bowls and 9 total.  

but I agree; he should probably be first ballot.