Bills pre-draft private visits - update: via videoconference

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

His name still in my password for most of my one line stuff

Yes...it was a shame......the best bills LB that most ppl dont know about

When you say “most” of your stuff that surely wouldn’t include your bank account right? 

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Say more?

Spring games are a huge recruiting tool and are being cancelled, plus just travel issues in general with flight cancellations/ coaches and home visits, players and campus visits. UC cancelled its spring game and it is the day before OSU’s (4/11) so we will see what they do. OSU has already cancelled all in person classes and events until 3/30.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Spring games are a huge recruiting tool and are being cancelled, plus just travel issues in general with flight cancellations/ coaches and home visits, players and campus visits. UC cancelled its spring game and it is the day before OSU’s (4/11) so we will see what they do. OSU has already cancelled all in person classes and events until 3/30.

Oh, I misunderstood, I thought you meant it was interfering with pre-draft visits of this year’s draft class to pro teams 

There might be some interference - some schools have restrictions on visitors from outside the school coming to campus

But yes, I think recruiting for the new classes will be impacted for sure.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, I misunderstood, I thought you meant it was interfering with pre-draft visits of this year’s draft class to pro teams 

There might be some interference - some schools have restrictions on visitors from outside the school coming to campus

But yes, I think recruiting for the new classes will be impacted for sure.

I was just surmising whether these pre-draft visits with all the frequent air travel could be impacted like the college stuff is starting to. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was just surmising whether these pre-draft visits with all the frequent air travel could be impacted like the college stuff is starting to. 

The Pegs have a private jet so I'm sure the circumstances are a bit different. I don't think this panic-demic really causes any issues.

16 hours ago, DCOrange said:

My sister-in-law is graduating from med school and her "match day" where she finds out where she'll be doing her residency for the next 5 years of her life is in a couple weeks. They aren't allowing anyone to be there for it, not even spouses. A lot of colleges are telling their students not to return to campus after spring break; they'll be conducting all of their classes online moving forwards. Another friend of mine is a flight attendant and said she's started having flights that are literally empty; like a flight from Boston to Philly with 0 passengers on it because everyone is afraid to be on a plane.

Edit: Just heard Syracuse University is following suit. All online classes for at least a week after spring break so that students are home for at least 14 days before they consider bringing them back to school.

Congrats to your SIL. Pic request if she's hot.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

It shut down an entire country. It's going to shut down more.

This isn't a super big deal if you are young, but if you are older or have complications it's a huge deal. Sure, the college kids will likely be fine. How about the staff? Just had a case here, a pediatric cardiologist got it and is now in the hospital. I know who this person is, my son saw him 10 years ago and he was old then. He also happens to be excellent at his job so he's still working. It certainly matters to him.

This isn't the place for it, but, what you say is 100% spot on.  Liken it to a huge sporting event.  If you have immune system issues (I do) and are of a certain age (I am at least on the border) you are sitting courtside and you can literally feel the intensity of the game.  If you are relatively healthy you're sitting in the cheap seats and you can barely see what's happening in the game. (think of the orange Aud seats)

I share my CVID and CLL diagnoses not because I'm exceedingly worried (IMO).  I continue to work every day, but, I must admit that my concern level has risen exponentially over the past 5-6 days.  I'm no longer sure my wife should jump on a plane in a couple weeks to visit our grandson.  I'm worried about her, but, selfishly I'm worried about what she might bring home, to me.  More of my free time is spent wondering what I should be doing to better prepare myself.  I don't like feeling like that.  While @Mark Vader and countless others mean nothing personal when they opine about how overblown this is, it's important to know that it is becoming all consuming to others.  While @mead107 and his surgical mask was cute for a day or so, it's worn out it's welcome with me. This isn't meant as a personal slam at either MV or m107.  What they're doing isn't wrong, but, marginalizes what I'm trying very hard to deal with in an adult way.

OK, back to draft talk!!!

Go Bills!!!

Top CB in Round 1!!!

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Good luck finding hand sanitizer! I went to a CVS and two grocery stores and all the shelves are wiped clean of hand sanitizer despite store imposed limits per customer. It felt like water and BEER flying off the shelves before a hurricane! :)? 

If possible, maybe some FaceTime for now with kids and folks in nursing homes. I called my 92 year old mother today to give her a heads up......I usually take her to lunch and then the grocery store, but it feels like a good time to keep a low profile in her apartment. I’ll drop off anything she needs. 

Wiping with a disinfectant wipe will work in a pinch.

Try 2/3 c. denatured alcohol (buy in paint department of hardware store) or 95% rubbing alcohol 1/3 c. aloe vera gel.  Put into empty hand sanitizer bottles.

Wash hands with actual soap and water before eating, there are trace chemicals in the denatured alcohol that are not good for consumption and neither is rubbing alcohol.

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

This isn't the place for it, but, what you say is 100% spot on.  Liken it to a huge sporting event.  If you have immune system issues (I do) and are of a certain age (I am at least on the border) you are sitting courtside and you can literally feel the intensity of the game.  If you are relatively healthy you're sitting in the cheap seats and you can barely see what's happening in the game. (think of the orange Aud seats)

I share my CVID and CLL diagnoses not because I'm exceedingly worried (IMO).  I continue to work every day, but, I must admit that my concern level has risen exponentially over the past 5-6 days.  I'm no longer sure my wife should jump on a plane in a couple weeks to visit our grandson.  I'm worried about her, but, selfishly I'm worried about what she might bring home, to me.  More of my free time is spent wondering what I should be doing to better prepare myself.  I don't like feeling like that.  While @Mark Vader and countless others mean nothing personal when they opine about how overblown this is, it's important to know that it is becoming all consuming to others.  While @mead107 and his surgical mask was cute for a day or so, it's worn out it's welcome with me. This isn't meant as a personal slam at either MV or m107.  What they're doing isn't wrong, but, marginalizes what I'm trying very hard to deal with in an adult way.

OK, back to draft talk!!!

Go Bills!!!

Top CB in Round 1!!!

My $0.02. 

You should ask your employer if you can work from home starting NOW.  If the answer is no, wear mask and gloves.  Even paper mask will help - won't protect like N95 mask from close contact but will stop aerosol droplets from coughing goofballs, will encourage people to keep distance from you, and may cut down on unconscious touching of face.

Your wife should not go.

See humorous "CDC says don't touch your face, Vets have answer" thread in OTW where I have been posting good info I find.  I just posted a link to a very good article last night.  Hit me in that thread if more Q

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, H2o said:

The Pegs have a private jet so I'm sure the circumstances are a bit different. I don't think this panic-demic really causes any issues.

The pre-draft visitors aren’t flown in on Pegs jet. They fly commercially and then are picked up at the airport by a member of the football ops department and brought to the facility.

With that being said, I doubt any of these guys decline the opportunity for a job interview. My guess, with the situation where it currently is, pre-draft visitors are still flying in and out of the different cities.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The pre-draft visitors aren’t flown in on Pegs jet. They fly commercially and then are picked up at the airport by a member of the football ops department and brought to the facility.

With that being said, I doubt any of these guys decline the opportunity for a job interview. My guess, with the situation where it currently is, pre-draft visitors are still flying in and out of the different cities.

It’s not so much about the players declining to visit, but the declining availability of flights and measures being put in place out of their control that could potentially impact “business as usual” with the pre-draft visits

• Like (+1) 2