Bills pre-draft private visits - update: via videoconference

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

It's impacting college visits?

Man, the hysteria over this thing is ridiculous.

My sister-in-law is graduating from med school and her "match day" where she finds out where she'll be doing her residency for the next 5 years of her life is in a couple weeks. They aren't allowing anyone to be there for it, not even spouses. A lot of colleges are telling their students not to return to campus after spring break; they'll be conducting all of their classes online moving forwards. Another friend of mine is a flight attendant and said she's started having flights that are literally empty; like a flight from Boston to Philly with 0 passengers on it because everyone is afraid to be on a plane.

Edit: Just heard Syracuse University is following suit. All online classes for at least a week after spring break so that students are home for at least 14 days before they consider bringing them back to school.

Edited by DCOrange

8 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

My sister-in-law is graduating from med school and her "match day" where she finds out where she'll be doing her residency for the next 5 years of her life is in a couple weeks. They aren't allowing anyone to be there for it, not even spouses. A lot of colleges are telling their students not to return to campus after spring break; they'll be conducting all of their classes online moving forwards. Another friend of mine is a flight attendant and said she's started having flights that are literally empty; like a flight from Boston to Philly with 0 passengers on it because everyone is afraid to be on a plane.

:doh:

Incredible. Now is definitely the time to travel. I wouldn't mind having a plane all to myself.

A friend of mine said they found a round trip flight from Los Angeles to Rome for $500. Of course nobody wants to go to Italy right now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

It's impacting college visits?

Man, the hysteria over this thing is ridiculous.

It shut down an entire country. It's going to shut down more.

This isn't a super big deal if you are young, but if you are older or have complications it's a huge deal. Sure, the college kids will likely be fine. How about the staff? Just had a case here, a pediatric cardiologist got it and is now in the hospital. I know who this person is, my son saw him 10 years ago and he was old then. He also happens to be excellent at his job so he's still working. It certainly matters to him.

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

Here’s a list from last years draft visits if anyone is interested. We ended up drafting 3 off this list. 

Ed Oliver

Dawson Knox

Vosean Joseph

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2019/3/22/18269766/2019-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-top-30-pre-draft-visit-tracker-rumors-notes

That’s actually a really good list of players.  Credit to their scouts.

• Like (+1) 5

https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

Here is another way to keep up with who the team has met with. Not sure how accurate it is though because I know our people met with Claypool at the Senior Bowl as well. 

BUF.gif Buffalo Bills
  • Cam Akers, RB, Florida State (COM)
  • Ross Blacklock, DT/3-4DE, TCU (COM)
  • Lynn Bowden, WR, Kentucky (COM)
  • K'Lavon Chaisson, DE/OLB, LSU (COM)
  • Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (COM)
  • Rodney Clemons, S, SMU (EW)
  • Michael Danna, DE, Michigan (EW)
  • Kevin Dotson, G, La.-Lafayette (EW)
  • Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU (COM)
  • Jon Greenard, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Florida (COM)
  • Yetur Gross-Matos, DE/3-4OLB, Penn State (COM)
  • K.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State (COM)
  • Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (COM)
  • K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State (COM)
  • Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU (COM)
  • Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (COM)
  • Dalton Keene, TE, Virginia Tech (COM)
  • Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (COM)
  • Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (COM)
  • Zack Moss, RB, Utah (COM)
  • Kenneth Murray, OLB/ILB, Oklahoma (COM)
  • K.J. Osborn, WR, Miami (COM)
  • John Penisini, DT, Utah (EW)
  • Shaquille Quarterman, ILB, Miami (PRI)
  • Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (COM)
  • Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama (COM)
  • Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado (COM)
  • D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia (COM)
  • Calvin Throckmorton, OT/G, Oregon (EW)
  • Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa (COM)

15 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Looks a bit Cowart-like.  Unlike most of McD’s defenders, he doesn’t get moved backwards when he tackles - the play ends there.

I still think about Sam Cowart sometimes. What a damn shame his injury was. He didn't look like he would be good, he looked like he was going to be great. We'll never know.

That last game against the Bucs...wow. He was a grown man playing football against a bunch of boys.

Cheers to Sam Cowart.

Edited by somnus00
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Incredible. Now is definitely the time to travel. I wouldn't mind having a plane all to myself.

A friend of mine said they found a round trip flight from Los Angeles to Rome for $500. Of course nobody wants to go to Italy right now.

it gonna be just a little hard to join the mile high club if there is no one else on that plane, don't cha think?

1 hour ago, somnus00 said:

I still think about Sam Cowart sometimes. What a damn shame his injury was. He didn't look like he would be good, he looked like he was going to be great. We'll never know.

That last game against the Bucs...wow. He was a grown man playing football against a bunch of boys.

Cheers to Sam Cowart.

His name still in my password for most of my one line stuff

Yes...it was a shame......the best bills LB that most ppl dont know about

• Like (+1) 3

We're on the verge of cancelling a trip to FL to visit an elderly uncle.  Use hand sanitizer, don't touch your face, etc. is all well & good, but bringing young kids & a nursing home into the equation could be downright irresponsible.  

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will corona virus concerns impact travel for pre-draft visits? It’s impacting recruiting visits in college :(

“It’s 106 miles to                    .  We’ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark, and we’re wearing sunglasses.“

”Hit it.”

46 minutes ago, Foxx said:

it gonna be just a little hard to join the mile high club if there is no one else on that plane, don't cha think?

Are there club levels?  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

His name still in my password for most of my one line stuff

Yes...it was a shame......the best bills LB that most ppl dont know about

***Hacks into TBD and begins posting as John***

:D

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

We're on the verge of cancelling a trip to FL to visit an elderly uncle.  Use hand sanitizer, don't touch your face, etc. is all well & good, but bringing young kids & a nursing home into the equation could be downright irresponsible.  

Good luck finding hand sanitizer! I went to a CVS and two grocery stores and all the shelves are wiped clean of hand sanitizer despite store imposed limits per customer. It felt like water and BEER flying off the shelves before a hurricane! :)? 

If possible, maybe some FaceTime for now with kids and folks in nursing homes. I called my 92 year old mother today to give her a heads up......I usually take her to lunch and then the grocery store, but it feels like a good time to keep a low profile in her apartment. I’ll drop off anything she needs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

Good luck finding hand sanitizer! I went to a CVS and two grocery stores and all the shelves are wiped clean of hand sanitizer despite store imposed limits per customer. It felt like water and BEER flying off the shelves before a hurricane! :)? 

If possible, maybe some FaceTime for now with kids and folks in nursing homes. I called my 92 year old mother today to give her a heads up......I usually take her to lunch and then the grocery store, but it feels like a good time to keep a low profile in her apartment. I’ll drop off anything she needs. 

in a pinch, rubbing alcohol can be used as a sanitizer. hell any alcohol over 80 proof can be used to that end.

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

That's good advice.  As far as hand sanitizer, daily subway riding has taught me to a) always have hand sanitizer, and b) always keep one hand clean.  To that end, I always use one hand to touch whatever I have to during my daily commute, keep the other hand clean, and sanitize as soon as I get in the office.  It's as if the last 20 years have prepared me for this exact moment.

11 minutes ago, Foxx said:

in a pinch, rubbing alcohol can be used as a sanitizer. hell any alcohol over 80 proof can be used to that end.

I bet Everclear is enjoying their highest sales in decades.

Also, apologies to all for taking the thread in this direction.  Bill pre-draft private visits = good!  Please carry on.

Edited by Buffalo86
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

... I bet Everclear is enjoying their highest sales in decades.

200 proof, you could dilute the crap outta that stuff and still probably burn your hands.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

That's good advice.  As far as hand sanitizer, daily subway riding has taught me to a) always have hand sanitizer, and b) always keep one hand clean.  To that end, I always use one hand to touch whatever I have to during my daily commute, keep the other hand clean, and sanitize as soon as I get in the office.  It's as if the last 20 years have prepared me for this exact moment.

I bet Everclear is enjoying their highest sales in decades.

Also, apologies to all for taking the thread in this direction.  Bill pre-draft private visits = good!  Please carry on.

The virus has derailed everything else, what’s one more thing?

• Like (+1) 4