Bills pre-draft private visits - update: via videoconference

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Would suck to miss out on prospects because of a virus scare.

What the Saints and Eagles are doing seems a little excessive.

Depends.

I mean, yeah, for most of the population it’s probably no big deal... but everyone that comes into contact with the virus is a potential carrier...and those people have families, and many of those families include elderly people and people with weakened immune systems. In the very least it’s prudent to ensure that organizations do what they can to stop the spread.

28 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Depends.

I mean, yeah, for most of the population it’s probably no big deal... but everyone that comes into contact with the virus is a potential carrier...and those people have families, and many of those families include elderly people and people with weakened immune systems. In the very least it’s prudent to ensure that organizations do what they can to stop the spread.

Until they get a better handle on the transmission from asymptomatic carriers I think we need to be very cautious. I keep hearing we don't have any cases here blah,blah, blah. Famous last words as many schools remain open.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Like I said in the other thread, there is already a buzz about the NFL closing the Draft. No fan attendance, video only.

16 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Until they get a better handle on the transmission from asymptomatic carriers I think we need to be very cautious. I keep hearing we don't have any cases here blah,blah, blah. Famous last words as many schools remain open.

My work closed our campus of roughly 5000 employees for the rest of the week. So did Coca-Cola, Amazon, and Microsoft.

They keep saying it is just a precaution as "there are still no positive tests"... but fail to mention that no one has actually been tested. At this point, it's like saying Freddie Mercury never tested positive for AIDS (because he was never tested).

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, I misunderstood, I thought you meant it was interfering with pre-draft visits of this year’s draft class to pro teams 

There might be some interference - some schools have restrictions on visitors from outside the school coming to campus

But yes, I think recruiting for the new classes will be impacted for sure.

?