PFF - Jags and Minshew were more efficient on offense than Bills & Allen

11 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Well of course. Josh has way more physical talent. There’s a reason he went 7 and not as a late round flyer.

But Minshew still had a better rookie year. 

Not surprised. Minshew was far more polished coming out. 

18 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I will say this, there are some who dump on PFF when they are "against" Allen or Tre or the BIlls in general, call their info/stats BS by a bunch of guys who know nothing & then in another thread are using PFF grades as to why we should or should not sign Jack Conklin (random player I chose) / xyz player....

Both things can be true at the same time. They could have awful takes, but also do produce some good data/analytics. I don't think it has to be either 100% agree with everything, or 100% disagree. Much like debates on these boards, just because I may not see eye to eye with a fellow poster on one topic, doesnt mean I have to disagree with all their views on every other topic.

PFF have employees that have admitted to blatant trolling, which I think, is why most have every right to be angry at some of their content. But again, they do have useful content as well.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/9/2020 at 5:14 PM, teef said:

who would you rather have as your qb...allen or minshew?

Where else would you rather be than right here, right now? 

On 3/9/2020 at 5:26 PM, Warcodered said:

Poor Football Focus.

the Off Season Instigator

On 3/10/2020 at 11:29 PM, matter2003 said:

OK, but Minshew was a rookie drafted in the 6th round...

... which makes it hard for defenses to predict what you'll do well and what you'll do poorly, which is often an advantage for young QBs when they first play.

That did come into play here, as shown by the fact that his passer rating for the season was 91.2, and that in his first five games he exceeded that three times (60% of the time), whereas in his remaining nine games, he only exceeded it three times, 30% of the time. Minshew went downhill.

Whereas it was the opposite for Josh. After the NE game in week 4 (exceeded his average passer rating one time in those four games), he was much better the rest of the year, exceeding his average in seven out of twelve games). He improved in nearly every way, measureable and non-measureable, after those first four games.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/12/2020 at 12:11 AM, BringBackOrton said:

No. Minshew went 6-6 as a starter on a team Nick Foles couldn’t win a game on.

Or put it this way, Minshew went .500 on a team with a bottom 10 D, who was actively trading star players with a fractured locker room. 

The competition was last year. Foles went 0-4.  I agree about finding another body for a QB competition, a guy in the second or third would be right for that team. But Minshew is being severely underrated. You could EASILY make the argument he had a better rookie year than Josh did, and I love Josh. I’d still take Josh over Minshew going forward, but don’t sleep on him.

No. Minshew didn't go 6-6. That was the Jacksonville Jaguars team ... in games started by Minshew. I mean, if someone wants to pretend that whether or not a defense plays well or a field goal kicker missing or making a kick is caused by a QB, they should feel free, but pretending is what is happening.

The official name of that stat isn't "QB Record." It's "Team Record in Games Started By This QB (Regular Season)". And there's a reason for that. Way way way too many other variables than QB performance.

You judge a QB by how well the QB plays. Not by how well the defensive line plays or whether the running back fumbles.

I like Minshew and it's very reasonable to say that he played worse than Foles, but an awful lot of that was because Foles was awful.

Edited by Thurman#1

22 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

No. Minshew didn't go 6-6. That was the Jacksonville Jaguars team ... in games started by Minshew. I mean, if someone wants to pretend that whether or not a defense plays well or a field goal kicker missing or making a kick is caused by a QB, they should feel free, but pretending is what is happening.

The official name of that stat isn't "QB Record." It's "Team Record in Games Started By This QB (Regular Season)". And there's a reason for that. Way way way too many other variables than QB performance.

You judge a QB by how well the QB plays. Not by how well the defensive line plays or whether the running back fumbles.

I like Minshew and it's very reasonable to say that he played worse than Foles, but an awful lot of that was because Foles was awful.

ummm  check the stats 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MinsGa00.htm

QBrec  6-6

14 games and 12 starts

(is PFR like Wikki?   --- Gardner Flint Minshew II  (Mustache or Jockstrap King))