PFF - Jags and Minshew were more efficient on offense than Bills & Allen

7 hours ago, Billl said:

Did you really just disregard his opinion because he didn't watch Jacksonville play only to disregard his opinion one post later because he DID watch them play?  I just want to make sure I didn't miss something.

Yeah, you did miss something - I only had one post in this thread.

Par for the course, I guess.

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Until they fire Doug Marrone and Caldwell

Minshew is a fun story, but he is Fitzpatrick, just younger

Doesn't have a strong arm. Gunslinger metality. Very smart. Limited starter. Jacksonville would be crazy to assume he is the guy

Minshew threw 6 INT’s last year. 

I also question his arm strength but he’s already far surpassed Fitzy. He may be a high end backup, or a journeyman starter in the NFL, or a guy who starts on a team for 6 years and gets them into the playoffs a couple times, none would surprise me.

However, there is zero reason to think he can’t improve.

Edited by BringBackOrton

Allen didnt fit into any of their models.  From a pure numbers perspective Allen is suppose to bust and have 0 NFL success based off their projections.  They will never talk about his strengths if there is even a bit of weakness.  PFF is grasping for straws with Allen at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Minshew will likely be the starting QB of the Jags this coming season.

Take the under on the Jags win total.  If there's an XFL in 4 years Minshew will be the starting QB for the Tampa Bay Vipers.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

On 3/9/2020 at 6:47 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Isn’t PFF the site that said Duck was better than Josh?

Everyone is better then Josh on PFF

23 hours ago, papazoid said:

"EFFICIENT "......kinda like defining most "valuable"......means something different to different people.

russians sowing social discord....they want us fighting.....lol

anyways...lets look at just a few stats

total yards per game  - bills 330 (24th) / jax  342 (20th)

scrimmage plays season - bills 1018 (16th) / jax 1020 (13th) 

YARDS PER PLAY - bills 5.2 (22nd) /  jax 5.4 (19th) 

time of possesion/game - bills 28.12 (28th) / jax 30.21 (12th)

points season   - bills 314 (23rd)  / jax 300 (26th)

turnover giveaways season - bills 19* / jax 20 *

penalty yards (offense) season  - bills 927 (14th) / jax 1165 ( 1 st !!)

CONCLUSION: both teams in bottom half of all categories.....neither team is very "efficient" compared to rest of league.

Enough with the Russians already !!!!

10 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Minshew threw 6 INT’s last year. 

I also question his arm strength but he’s already far surpassed Fitzy. He may be a high end backup, or a journeyman starter in the NFL, or a guy who starts on a team for 6 years and gets them into the playoffs a couple times, none would surprise me.

However, there is zero reason to think he can’t improve.

He also went 5-8 as a starter and posted sub 50% completion percentage in 3 games and sub 60% in 10 games

He might get better, but he is still super limited. His ceiling is not very high and if I was Jacksonville I'd either have a competition between him and Foles, or draft a QB fairly high. Minshew only gets you so far and If was building a team, Minshew would be not be a guy I was counting on to save my job

Edited by Captain Hindsight

It’s amazing how triggered some of you are by this site yet continue to post about it.  Who cares?  It’s an opinion.  If they said the Bills were the best team ever, would you like it? 

and given his success in college and his rookie year, it’s not crazy to say GM might be a better passer than Allen at this point.  But with his running and physical tools, Allen has the far greater “upside.”  The question is if he will get there.  And it’s nitpicking to say who was the better offense (it seems like we were) but there was little doubt that it was a very inconsistent offense that would go into droughts.  A more consistent offense probably meant a few more wins.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's March, PFF needs the clicks.

And if ever an organization personified the idea of "garbage in, garbage out" it's PFF.

Try doing this mind game - do you think that the Jags would trade Minshew for Allen?  I think they would do it in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He also went 5-8 as a starter and posted sub 50% completion percentage in 3 games and sub 60% in 10 games

He might get better, but he is still super limited. His ceiling is not very high and if I was Jacksonville I'd either have a competition between him and Foles, or draft a QB fairly high. Minshew only gets you so far and If was building a team, Minshew would be not be a guy I was counting on to save my job

No. Minshew went 6-6 as a starter on a team Nick Foles couldn’t win a game on.

Or put it this way, Minshew went .500 on a team with a bottom 10 D, who was actively trading star players with a fractured locker room. 

The competition was last year. Foles went 0-4.  I agree about finding another body for a QB competition, a guy in the second or third would be right for that team. But Minshew is being severely underrated. You could EASILY make the argument he had a better rookie year than Josh did, and I love Josh. I’d still take Josh over Minshew going forward, but don’t sleep on him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

No. Minshew went 6-6 as a starter on a team Nick Foles couldn’t win a game on.

Or put it this way, Minshew went .500 on a team with a bottom 10 D, who was actively trading star players with a fractured locker room. 

The competition was last year. Foles went 0-4.  I agree about finding another body for a QB competition, a guy in the second or third would be right for that team. But Minshew is being severely underrated. You could EASILY make the argument he had a better rookie year than Josh did, and I love Josh. I’d still take Josh over Minshew going forward, but don’t sleep on him.

You can debate stats over who had a better year, but I'd bet 32 GMS would take Allen over Minshew even after their rookie years

I wouldn't walk into a season with Gardner Minshew as the starter if I wanted to keep my job. Thats JMO

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

You can debate stats over who had a better year, but I'd bet 32 GMS would take Allen over Minshew even after their rookie years

I wouldn't walk into a season with Gardner Minshew as the starter if I wanted to keep my job. Thats JMO

Well of course. Josh has way more physical talent. There’s a reason he went 7 and not as a late round flyer.

But Minshew still had a better rookie year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s amazing how triggered some of you are by this site yet continue to post about it.  Who cares?  It’s an opinion.  If they said the Bills were the best team ever, would you like it? 

I will say this, there are some who dump on PFF when they are "against" Allen or Tre or the BIlls in general, call their info/stats BS by a bunch of guys who know nothing & then in another thread are using PFF grades as to why we should or should not sign Jack Conklin (random player I chose) / xyz player....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I will say this, there are some who dump on PFF when they are "against" Allen or Tre or the BIlls in general, call their info/stats BS by a bunch of guys who know nothing & then in another thread are using PFF grades as to why we should or should not sign Jack Conklin (random player I chose) / xyz player....

You'll never see me do that. Positive or negative, I find PFF to be useless.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Are you sure they’re the same guys?  

I mean, I don’t have a lot of use for PFF, but I’m quite consistent about it

If we're still comparing the Bills offense/JA to Gardner Minshew/Jags offense post 2020, something has gone horribly wrong.

It would be cool if things progressed to the point that these debates were in relation to Mahomes/Chiefs, Wilson/Seahawks, Rodgers/Packers...etc. 

8 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If Beane call the Jags and offered a straight trade, the Jags would do that in a second.  Allen is the better player now and in the future.