PFF - Jags and Minshew were more efficient on offense than Bills & Allen

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Apparently, PFF's answer is Minshew....

at one point in the season, they would have rather had duck hodges too, and we all know how that worked out.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Is Minshew better than Duck Dodgers too?

beat me to it.

Well, if we are going there today, then I will play along too...if we are being honest, it’s not like it was difficult to be more efficient than the Bills offense...Allen’s numbers were “solid backup QB” numbers imo...?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, if we are going there today, then I will play along too...if we are being honest, it’s not like it was difficult to be more efficient than the Bills offense...Allen’s numbers were “solid backup QB” numbers imo...?

The Bills have exactly the same value, 5.2 Yards per Play (the metric those guys are using for efficiency) as 3 other teams:

The Colts, the Patriots, and the Eagles.  Let's review: of the 4 teams that had the same efficiency metric of 5.2 YPP, 3 of those 4 teams went to the playoffs.

The Jaguars have exactly the same value, 5.4 Yards per Play, as 3 other teams:

The Packers, Lions, and Giants.  Let's review: 2 of those 4 teams are drafting in the top-5, 3 of those 4 are drafting in the top-10, 1 of those 4 teams went to the playoffs

The Patriots (7), Eagles (12), Colts (17) and Bills (23) all scored more points than the more-efficient Jaguars (26).

(whispers: maybe that particular metric for offensive efficiency is not closely coupled to actual football success: Scoring Points, and Winning)

• Thank you (+1) 2

The Bills fans base is amongst the most passionate. They know, if they need clicks/traffic to poke at the fanbase. Its hook line and sinker everytime.

Basically they are trolls, they admit it, and they wont stop until Bills fans ignore their rhetoric.

• Like (+1) 4

I like the actual metrics that PFF tracks, the draft guide, QB guide, etc.

They've definitely been working hard to get a reaction out of people with these "Foreca$t" clips lately though. Some examples:

• Jaguars more efficient with Minshew than Buffalo is with Allen (I won't listen to this podcast, but I think that this was provided as context for the next example...)
  • Gardner Minshew > Justin Herbert, basically saying Herbert is a 3rd-4th round prospect and that he's simply a worse player than Minshew.
  • Henry Ruggs > CeeDee Lamb (which I agree with, but it's pretty controversial)
  • Taking Jonathan Taylor will hurt your offense because it will lead you to want to run the ball more (same deal as the Ruggs take)

• Like (+1) 1

Yup, and iirc Josh Allen threw zero interceptions in the fourth quarter all season long, leading the league in that category, better than all the other NFL QBs... Now that’s a headline! ?

PFF is gonna PFF...

• Like (+1) 1