RIP Max von Sydow

row_33

Lead man for many Ingmar Bergman masterpieces, the Seventh Seal most popular. 

I preferred Winter Light, that had to be a comedy, right? Just like that JFK movie?

Recently played 3 eyed raven in Game of Thrones 

Edited by row_33

28 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

for all his work, the first thing that comes to mind is Brewmeister Smith 

Leslie Nielsen was a serious actor for years, and 95% of us only remember him as Frank Drebbin.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

6 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Best known to me from the Exorcist. Good actor. RIP Max.

Was thinking this as well...Exorcist came out in 1973, which means he was in his mid-40s when he did the movie.  I thought he looked like a fossil then!

• Like (+1) 1

MV5BMGM1YWQzZmMtMDk2OS00YTNlLWIyODctMWNl                                merrin.jpg

18992.jpg               rijBuQwRtqsr6JghgqfiBaQuyAzPER9Jyh2eU-vh                     Max-von-Sydow-in-Game-of-Thrones.jpg

My favorite:

three-days-of-the-condor-1975-002-max-vo

It will happen this way. You may be walking. Maybe the first sunny day of the spring. And a car will slow beside you, and a door will open, and someone you know, maybe even trust, will get out of the car. And he will smile, a becoming smile. But he will leave open the door of the car and offer to give you a lift.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Was thinking this as well...Exorcist came out in 1973, which means he was in his mid-40s when he did the movie.  I thought he looked like a fossil then!

It was a good makeup person. He was playing an 80 year old plus priest in that. Crazy though how well he acted and looked like an old man.

• Like (+1) 1

From IMDB on Strange Brew-

The role of Brewmeister Smith was written with Max von Sydow in mind. But Rick Moranisand Dave Thomas thought actually enlisting him would be impossible. It turns out that Freddie Fields, then-president of MGM had just produced Victory (1981), which starred von Sydow. So he sent the esteemed actor the script. Instead of hashing it out with Fields, von Sydow ran it by his son, who was a huge SCTV  fan and encouraged his father to take the role.