Bills sign Josh Norman

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't care what McBeane say.  Star is not good.

Star should be doing what DJ Reader does for Houston which is never get pushed backwards, if not doubled push the pocket and on goal line situations make plays. For what we are paying Star we should be getting so much more out of him.

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know he didn’t do well in Washington, but I believe Washington was a man coverage team, and it is a 1 year prove it deal for around $6 mil.  He did do well in Carolina under McD in a zone coverage scheme.  Given this is a low risk deal and we already have White, Poyer, Hyde, and now Norman, could be good.  Now, I wonder if they sign Kevin Johnson which I hope they do, will Wallace stick around?

Thoughts by my TBD colleagues?

I think Coach McD has slight advantage on TBD on coaching DBs and which DBs will fit his scheme including how to minimize faults of DBs.  He probably also has advantage on drafting in 1st round on TBD if you do not include Bill in NYC.

For those that are pessimistic about this signing, take a moment to think.

He signed with a team that offered him a ridiculous contract. He was looking to get paid, who could blame him?

A team that runs a different scheme than the one he thrives in.

A team that's a complete dumpster ? from owner to management to coaching.

A team whose overall morale is in the toilet, no one wants to play there.

Pros: Now he's on a team that's on the rise with his old defensive coach in the scheme he excels. Low risk/ high yield investment for a player that 4 years ago was considered one of the best at his position. 

Cons: Will he be motivated? He is older and has made enough money not to care.

Big ego and a mouth to go with it.  As many here say, I defer to McDermott. He knows him better than anyone and knows what he'll bring if healthy.

4 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

That pro-bowl season will be 5 seasons ago now.

I've questioned whether he is worth it, regardless of contract based on the last 3-4 years of data saying he has been really really bad on the field, where it matters most.

The only response i get is "How dare you question McD you idiot" and "its not your money"

I have not seen a logical argument that shows otherwise other than he played zone well 5 years ago.

Your not seeing the logical argument because it doesn’t agree with how you want to feel about it

see the way you waived away that this has been a pro bowl player?  It doesn’t fit your arguement

how about this feel how you want to feel about it your not going to change your mind anyway

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't care what McBeane say.  Star is not good.

Don’t hold back, tell us what you really think...

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rivera was the HC when he thrived but it was McDermott’s defense. Rivera no longer has McDermott’s’s defense. He has Jack Del Rio’s.

Rivera is. defensive guy at heart. That’s like saying McD runs Frazier’s D. 

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Good post.

if there is no real guaranteed money, other than I am assuming some type of signing bonus, this is a big win. Norman shows up out of shape or uninterested he is gone before week 1.

Great signing and allows the Beane to take CB2 out of round 1 or 2 consideration. Still would like to see a CB picked somewhere in the mid rounds they see as development player that needs a year. Someone from a smaller school or with only a years worth of good film.

Cam Lewis is already in the building.

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I live in the DMV area.  These were 2 of my favorite Josh Norman memes ?.

I do think he'll do well in McDermott's scheme.

EEmcxFhXoAEx8LZ.jpg

hqdefault-1.jpg

I used that one in the Bills-Jets lookalike thread last year for Trumine Johnson

Is someone really going to take the position that McDermott can't evaluate defensive back talent?   At this point McDermott could sign a cornerback or safety he met bagging groceries at the local Piggly Wiggly and I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good quality depth at CB2 or 3.......Sad to see so many JN haters acting like were a 7-9 team........hell work in with Wallace or even start.......Washington was a completely different system but he chose to take the money........(I cant blame him) and the organization is ***** with bad leadership and owner....

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

Is someone really going to take the position that McDermott can't evaluate defensive back talent?   At this point McDermott could sign a cornerback or safety he met bagging groceries at the local Piggly Wiggly and I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ya gotta remember that there are a handful here that can not come to grips With someone doing something differently than they would, And still being successful, and making lots of money. “Gnashing” of teeth ensues ?

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

Some fans just can't be excited unless their team sign the most expensive contract for a player at that position in FA.

Norman is slow (this is a fair truth), and was continually left on an island against fast WRs. If you put him in a position to attack in zone he will make plays on the ball and get interceptions. Hes great at defending the run and watch for his ability to 'peanut Tilman' punch the ball out of receivers hands. He will work in McDs system.

What you don't want is him covering defenders deep without help. That was true even in 2015.

any CB that can cover a WR downfield without over the top help is going to cost $15 million per year for 5 years minimum, definitely not what we are paying Norman.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sorry if this had already been discussed in this thread, but I didn’t want to start another thread. So now that we have Norman and will likely have Wallace back to go with Tre and taron, is corner still A strong option in rd 1 or 2?