Bills sign Josh Norman

6 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

If Mac and Beane think this guy is anything like he was when he played for Carolina, they'll surely regret this move.  Norman became a joke with the Redskins.

Who hasn’t become a joke with the Redskins? 

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Did they?

No but if im not allowed to question this Norman deal than what am i allowed to question?

I need to know.

I don't think Norman is very good, and having him on the field will hurt this defense more than it helps.

I don't care what the contract is, I don't think he is good and him on the filed will be bad for the defense. But im not allowed to state that because "its not my money"

. He had one good year, 5 years ago.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

lmao at people trying acting like they know defense better than McDermott

I've never said that but please continue with your wide brush strokes.

Ive siad, i question whether Norman has anything left. i question why one of the worst CBs in the league the last few years is all of the sudden thought to be good because he played with McD 5 years ago.

• Haha (+1) 1

I highly doubt that they are giving him a $6m a year contract that could go to $8m a year with the intention that he will be a “backup” DB.

Thats not to say that he will be the starter but reason does stand under scrutiny that they are offering that contract to play arguably one of the most important positions as a starter.

No front office will always get it right but I think they have earned the right when it comes to picking good players at the DB position.

I dont love or hate the signing. Its a lets kick the tires on the guy deal like Vontae Davis. 

What I dont like is:

1. Must be a great deal since McD knows him. That does not mean he is good. 

2. We have money to spend so who cares. I care if means we dont sign someone else. For example, Norman + Kroft = $12+M or Norman + Murphy = $16M. For either of those figures you could have a top TE like Hooper or Henry; Top WR; Top De. So do you take a rookie CB + Hooper, Henry, Green, Cooper, Yannick, Clowney or Norman + Kroft or Murphy?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

You mean until the penalties cost a game. He isn't exactly the most stable or team oriented player. Hopefully he just quietly improves our DB2, but chances are they grab someone else too. 

No, I mean as a Davy veteran, placed in the correct situations, who starts hawking some balls and gets the rest of the team pumped.

I have faith McD and Frazier understand his  abilities and will accentuate his positives.

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What kind of defense does Jack del Rio run?

For coverage he runs Man/cover 1. Puts a lot of stress on the secondary and requires a lot of talent to pull it off. Simple concepts though 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, papazoid said:

we've had good success with previous carolina players....kelvin benjamin, star lotulelei, Wide Receiver Kaelin Clay, Safety Dean Marlowe

umm...wait....lol

There we go.

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Sign of the times:  11 pages and counting over a guy who might not even make it out of training camp...

The times being that of an excited fan base that feels its team on the verge of something big and are champing  at the bit to get the new season started...... ?

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

He was statistically one of the worst CBs in the league and had his attitude and effort questioned.

I understand it was a bad situation, but the player didn't help his case.

Genuinely curious. What does this statement mean? What do you have against Norman?

A lot of people don't like him because he talks smack and gets in people's face. Is this your issue with him? Do you see him as a bad influence? Because I can't think what else you could mean. 

Until I see 2 things I cannot b to upset over the report.

1st thing - He actually is signed

2nd thing - the Real contract that is signed not the early media reports (likely coming from an agent to drum market)

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

No but if im not allowed to question this Norman deal than what am i allowed to question?

I need to know.

I don't think Norman is very good, and having him on the field will hurt this defense more than it helps.

I don't care what the contract is, I don't think he is good and him on the filed will be bad for the defense. But im not allowed to state that because "its not my money"

. He had one good year, 5 years ago.

I've never said that but please continue with your wide brush strokes.

Ive siad, i question whether Norman has anything left. i question why one of the worst CBs in the league the last few years is all of the sudden thought to be good because he played with McD 5 years ago.

Yes because of course picking up a former pro bowl player corner for 6 million equivocates to totally irresponsible spending on a player for 12 million

i totally see the correlation air you should be outraged

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

lmao at people trying acting like they know defense better than McDermott

Fans might not know defense but just like watching Gore you know when a player has lost it or is starting to lose it. I like Norman but he has definitely started the decline. I trust Beanie and McD but it will be interesting to see where Norman fits in.

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe it wasn't Norman. 

Maybe it was Manusky.

My only thing about this is bringing in a CB for $6M with Poyer under contract for $2.7M salary this year (and publically feeling underpaid) has to seem a bit like a smack in the face to JP.

Safeties historically don't get paid as much, though. It's just the nature of the position. It's one of the lowest paid positions in the league.

Just now, Lurker said:

Curiously absent so far is any word on guaranteed money...

I don't think there is much otherwise I am sure it would have been leaked as well.  That gets leaked more then the well an get to 8M based on incentives does.

Most of the times when I see these leaks that have the can grow to as part of the leak then the initial deal isn't that good.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I don't think there is much otherwise I am sure it would have been leaked as well.  That gets leaked more then the well an get to 8M based on incentives does.

Most of the times when I see these leaks that have the can grow to as part of the leak then the initial deal isn't that good.

Yep.  If this news is coming from the agent, the absence of any word on guarantees is very telling...