Bills sign Josh Norman

59 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You should listen more closely. It's a 1 year deal and you pay a higher salary for that. He may be cut before he ever takes the field and the deal allows the Bills to do that without much in the way of complications.

I said I generally agree with you.  What don't you understand?  The guaranteed money is the key.  Anyway they are not paying him to be CB3 or worse.

Won’t play unless McD feels he can get the job done.  6 Million isn’t a contract that makes you play someone.  If it doesn’t work out, cut him.

Played his best under this defense.  Should prove to be an asset whether he starts or not.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah!

Jeez guys, can we all slow down on the notion that expert defensive coach Sean McDermott knows more about a player he coached for years and just had in for a workout than posters like Count dorkula?!

Gosh!

I don't believe he actually worked out for anyone......

4 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Won’t play unless McD feels he can get the job done.  6 Million isn’t a contract that makes you play someone.  If it doesn’t work out, cut him.

Played his best under this defense.  Should prove to be an asset whether he starts or not.

Man, it must be nice to be in a spot where making $6mil isn't that much that your expected to be a full time contributor.....

as long as this is not our "big" contract of the FA period then I like it.  low risk, potentially high reward.  If this makes Bean go cheap on other FA's, then I'll hate it.  We still need to go after Hooper and an Edge rusher at a bare minimum.  

I never liked Josh Norman.  His play never matched his mouth.  IMO, he was overrated in Carolina and proved it in Washington.  That said, I believe in McDermott and Beane and if they think he will help the team than I am all in.  It is a low risk, high reward kind of move.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

as long as this is not our "big" contract of the FA period then I like it.  low risk, potentially high reward.  If this makes Bean go cheap on other FA's, then I'll hate it.  We still need to go after Hooper and an Edge rusher at a bare minimum.  

I view it similar to the Long deal last offseason a mid level deal on a cut player. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, bkep32 said:

With tre' on the other side we dont need josh norman of 5 yrs ago.  He is back in the scheme were he flourished so let's wait and see.  It's a 6mil dollar deal with 8mil in incentives.  If he hits those then the Bill's def prolly had a good yr.  Let's reserve judgement until the season plays out.  I think the backend looks sick..White, hyde, poyer, norman

I would think with Tre on the other side, we would need a very good CB, they'll get more passes in their direction than Tre would.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

I would think with Tre on the other side, we would need a very good CB, they'll get more passes in their direction than Tre would.

true, and a good point, but, Tre should be covering the other teams WR1, whereas Josh will get WR2 most likely.  But yeah, he will def see more passes than Tre.  You're insane to be throwing it in Tre's direction.  

Just now, bigK14094 said:

The Carolina based aquisitions, for the most part, have not worked out.  (except for Bean and McD)  Can't think of one that has been worth it......must be one.....

well, Josh had a stopover in Washington, so there's that!  

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

The Carolina based aquisitions, for the most part, have not worked out.  (except for Bean and McD)  Can't think of one that has been worth it......must be one.....

Which is my response to the "I trust McD and Beane, they know Norman". They knew a bunch of the other duds. And Rivera knows Norman as do many other coaches. 

2 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I'll bet google can!

Well that takes work...

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Which is my response to the "I trust McD and Beane, they know Norman". They knew a bunch of the other duds. And Rivera knows Norman as do many other coaches. 

Well that takes work...

Correct. Just because "They know him" doesn't mean hes good.

They are hoping so, just like many here are.

The last 3 years say otherwise.

There is a huge difference between simply not fitting in a scheme, and being one of the worst CBs in the entire league.

I'm skeptical of him on the field, and hope that this is not their only plan for CB2.

If he sucks they cut him with no real implications, but that still leaves a hole at CB2.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You are 100% right and we saw teams pick apart Levi at times because they wouldnt throw Tre's way.

Moreover, Levi's lack of athletic ability showed up and showed his limitations. Something Norman lacks, athletic ability....

• Like (+1) 1