Bills sign Josh Norman

I think this does mean that K Johnson probably won't be back, but in a positive way because he is almost certain to make more than 7-8 mil. Norman is almost a K. Johnson signing in that it's someone familiar to the coaching staff that's trying to re-establish his value brought in on a one year deal. When you look at what Mcdermott, Frazier, Butler, and Babich Jr. have done for the value of Tre, Poyer, Hyde, Johnson,and Wallace, I can't think of a reason any db wouldn't want to come here for a year or two to see what they can do.

Edited by phillyguy1
  • Like (+1) 1

Like the move, good depth signing

Still would like to re sign Kevin Johnson as i thought he did well in the slot backing up taron Johnson as well as outside

Norman is possibly our number 2 outside CB or number 3 outside CB. 

To be able to run white Wallace T. Johnson K. Johnson and Norman would be a great 

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

The way I see it, Norman can be this year's more durable version of EJ Gaines. An established veteran who slumped with their previous team and can provide competition for the CB2 spot. As long as the guaranteed money is low, I'm happy enough.

I trust McBeane and their apparent assessment that a return to our zone-heavy scheme will revive Norman's career. 

• Like (+1) 2

Amazed that anyone would criticize this move.  A player proven to do well in McD's system at a position where the Bills need depth, for minimal $$.

Exactly what is there to dislike?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People out here still questioning McD’s choice of DB’s.

11 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

not a bad thought, but I would argue that CB2 is nowhere near the issue that OL was last year. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So fricken tired of fans acting like armchair gm and that peg money is THEIR money

BEANE HAS EARNED the benefit of the doubt in these things 

lets just see?

Has he???                    I kid I kid .... 

He got overpaid in DC, then flat out failed there

His former HC won't even give him a chance .

I haven't watched more than 3 minutes of any Redskins game, except when we beat them.....I don't remember anything about Norman from that game.  I don't know anything about him except that a lot of people say he sucked the past 3 years.  I do remember when we signed Micah Hyde that my friends from Green Bay told me he was horrible.  Wasn't Lofton washed up when we brought him in?  

I have no idea how Josh Norman is going to do here.  I do, however, believe that Beane and McDermott have a pretty good set of expectations.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Amazed that anyone would criticize this move.  A player proven to do well in McD's system at a position where the Bills need depth, for minimal $$.

Exactly what is there to dislike?

You are minimizing how much it means to some people to dislike moves made by the Bills. At some point, that has to be the reason we see so many negative comments on signings like this.

• Like (+1) 3

Some fans just can't be excited unless their team sign the most expensive contract for a player at that position in FA.

Norman is slow (this is a fair truth), and was continually left on an island against fast WRs. If you put him in a position to attack in zone he will make plays on the ball and get interceptions. Hes great at defending the run and watch for his ability to 'peanut Tilman' punch the ball out of receivers hands. He will work in McDs system.

What you don't want is him covering defenders deep without help. That was true even in 2015.

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You are minimizing how much it means to some people to dislike moves made by the Bills. At some point, that has to be the reason we see so many negative comments on signings like this.

See this would make sense if his former HC in Ron Rivera wasn't the HC in Washington now.

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So fricken tired of fans acting like armchair gm and that peg money is THEIR money

BEANE HAS EARNED the benefit of the doubt in these things 

lets just see?

It is entertaining to read these sort of takes,  pretending the money is theirs is super funny. This the same MO that Beane has used it the past, just look at last off season for the template, it’s all there. 

Go Bills!!!

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

See this would make sense if his former HC in Ron Rivera wasn't the HC in Washington now.

So, what you’re saying is that you trust Rivera, whose team floundered after McD left, more than the coach that made Norman into the player who got stupidly overpaid in Washington? Norman was released in order to save Rivera’s team a sizeable amount of money and paid a sizeable amount less to join the Bills. 

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

So you think Rivera should have kept him at 13 mill per year? Ron Rivera is a fool and wasn't the reason the Superbowl Panthers had a strong D. That man is currently the HC of the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2