Curb your enthusiasm

row_33

On 3/9/2020 at 5:54 AM, Teddy KGB said:

the worst thing I’ve ever heard ^^   

Seinfeld and Curb are the two best comedies of all time.   Thanks to Larry.  

@Mike in Horseheads come get your boy ?

Right. Curb is at the point where it's trending down, but the body of work this man has accumulated may never be duplicated.

If you don't like Seinfeld AND Curb, there's something seriously wrong with you.

On 3/9/2020 at 6:04 AM, Teddy KGB said:

better then the time Leon helped Larry get his Yankees jersey back ? 

I'm still partial to the Holocaust Survivor episode, but Leon was on a MISSION. Pretty sure it was some obscure player, which made it that much better.

On 3/9/2020 at 8:02 AM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I "enjoyed" Seinfeld as much as I did Friends.  

At the time they were OK.   Today .... not so much 

It all git stale for me.  

Younger Elaine was hot. 

Jennifer Aniston is STILL hot 

Phoebe and Joey were a matched set of stupid 

Friends and Seinfeld couldn't be more diametrically opposed in terms of humor. 

Friends was basically Banya's horrible schtick riding Jerry's coattails. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Right. Curb is at the point where it's trending down, but the body of work this man has accumulated may never be duplicated.

If you don't like Seinfeld AND Curb, there's something seriously wrong with you.

I'm still partial to the Holocaust Survivor episode, but Leon was on a MISSION. Pretty sure it was some obscure player, which made it that much better.

Friends and Seinfeld couldn't be more diametrically opposed in terms of humor. 

Friends was basically Banya's horrible schtick riding Jerry's coattails. 

I ditched many people in my life just because they wanted to talk about a Friends episode

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

I ditched many people in my life just because they wanted to talk about a Friends episode

Good decision. I had an ex who liked the show and it was immediately shut off when I entered the room. Can't imagine why that relationship failed.

It's just always driven me crazy when people use Seinfeld and Friends almost interchangeably. Seinfeld was wit. Friends was....shhoot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

have you watched the Clear History HBO movie they made together?

it provided themes running through the ensuing 9th and 10th seasons 

No, i did not. i remember seeing it, but never watched. 

On 3/10/2020 at 11:59 AM, row_33 said:

Richard is Dracula, every appearance he rolls up in a more ostentatious car.

Jeff's stroke is showing up some times on the right side of his mouth.

people like Larry looked like that when they were 50 and never seemed to get older, my father is like that.

Lewis and Jeff look incredibly bad this season. Lewis can barely move and Jeff just does not look well.

Cheryl on the other hand looks f'ing phenomenal. I don't care how much surgery she's had, send her doctor a tip. 

Edited by Clemfield2622

7 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

No, i did not. i remember seeing it, but never watched. 

Lewis and Jeff look incredibly bad this season. Lewis can barely move and Jeff just does not look well.

Cheryl on the other hand looks f'ing phenomenal. I don't care how much surgery she's had, send her doctor a tip. 

that’s the obvious point, Larry and Lewis look awful but still get whatever they want,  with Lewis put in misery for every relationship, a misery different from Larry’s

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

that’s the obvious point, Larry and Lewis look awful but still get whatever they want,  with Lewis put in misery for every relationship, a misery different from Larry’s

Larry has never been a looker, but at least he can move and he's not hunched over like Lewis. 

Just now, Clemfield2622 said:

Larry has never been a looker, but at least he can move and he's not hunched over like Lewis. 

Richard has had the hunch for 40 years, you are probably right that it’s not a gimmick now

1 hour ago, Clemfield2622 said:

I need to go back to the first season now, but I feel like Larry hasn't really aged much.  He's always looked like the old guy.  I'm sure I'll realize how wrong I am the second I cue up the first episode.  Lewis has aged a ton though (wasn't there a recent health issue?).  Out of curiosity, I just looked up both of their ages and they're identical.  Lewis was born 3 days before LD.  Lewis is really showing those 72 years far more than David.

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

It's gold Jerry! Gold!

we didn’t get to see what happened when he opened up his speech and it turned out to be George’s on the Yankees 

Just now, shrader said:

I need to go back to the first season now, but I feel like Larry hasn't really aged much.  He's always looked like the old guy.  I'm sure I'll realize how wrong I am the second I cue up the first episode.  Lewis has aged a ton though (wasn't there a recent health issue?).  Out of curiosity, I just looked up both of their ages and they're identical.  Lewis was born 3 days before LD.  Lewis is really showing those 72 years far more than David.

some men look ancient at 50 and don’t appear to age much for the next few decades

Larry’s comedy routine was pathological during his formative years. The best was a heckler yelled out “my dog (bleeps) your mother”, to which he responded “and I’m sure the dog doesn’t enjoy it”

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

He's got a weird gait. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

some men look ancient at 50 and don’t appear to age much for the next few decades

Usually guys who were bald, gray or both young.  My great uncle was 90 and we're looking at my parents wedding pictures from like 40 years before and he looked the same!..................Sparky Anderson, too.  He was 36 to 44 during his time with the Big Red Machine.