New Rams logo ??

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's official!

Eh, not as hideous as the hat in the OP.  I still hate it, but I don't loathe it.  Still a case of trying to do too much.  You meld LA with a wave with a ram's horn.  Symbolic, but fugly.  Exact same thing that spawned the hated buffaslug.  Symbolism cannot substitute for aesthetics.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Eh, not as hideous as the hat in the OP.  I still hate it, but I don't loathe it.  Still a case of trying to do too much.  You meld LA with a wave with a ram's horn.  Symbolic, but fugly.  Exact same thing that spawned the hated buffaslug.  Symbolism cannot substitute for aesthetics.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing.  With this color palette you can at least see the Ram horn in the swoosh...the hat is hideous.

Didn't need to do this but whatever.

That logo seems a step down.  Looks like a Chargers logo.  I hope they don't screw with horns on the helmet.  These teams need to stop changing things for the sake of trying to get a money grab.  The Rams fans out here were very vocal about not liking this logo when it leaked.  Oh, well at least they kept the royal blue/yellow colors many of the fans wanted.

The horn is obviously classic, but i dint know why people are pretending like this is a slug or something. 

You need to show the horn - check

You need to show its LA - check

Its needs to be simple - check

Sure, they messed w a good thing, but the 70s to early 90s wasnt the prime scheme/logo anyway so i reserve judgment until we see the jersey and helmet itself rather than get worked up about a work mark logo, that really, the worst thing i can say about it is its LIKE the slug in that it has a trump vibe...

Good read

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/03/23/los-angeles-rams-reveal-new-logo-color-scheme/

Good comparison of the old, throwback, and new color schemes. Also, dont forget this logo is replacing a white and navy ram as the primary logo so id imagine its not even the logo most people are thinking it replaces fwiw.

That said, it kinda lost me at the graident in the horn is supposed to represent both a spiral of a football and a wave.... why cant the ram horn just represent a ram horn?! Lol

Edited by gobills1212

This logo is truly awful, but I’m not sure it matters unless they put this grotesque thing on a helmet. As long as they keep the classic Rams helmet, its fine....I think. 

No one is going to wear those hats except for like celebrities trying to look like normal people shopping.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/9/2020 at 11:09 PM, Utah John said:

We shouldn't make too much fun of this.  It was our hockey team that had the slugs on their jerseys.

But we got smart and corrected our mistake.

4 hours ago, Heitz said:

looks like a soccer team logo! The "horn" reads as a ball...

My thought exactly. Something that you would see on a MLS jersey.