Will we pick a player at 22 or trade up or trade down?

NewEra

Will we pick at 22 or trade up or down?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Will we pick at 22

• Yes, we will draft a player at 22
    • No, we will trade up
    • No, we will trade down

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Not a ripoff. It was like our minds were connected as we posted it at exactly the same time......

Hey! Thats a good idea too! You my friend are brilliant!. I kid.... 

no worries, I was just kidding anyways

• Like (+1) 1

In order of likelihood: Up, down, stay put. 

There is almost no way we can sit on a WR at 22.  We will get jumped and miss out since our target will likely be pretty obvious to all.  So I think our first choice is to move up to get a better quality WR who is a fit for us.  If that doesn’t work out then I think we’d want to move back.  22 seems like it’d be right after the purple chip/red chip break so I’d rather move back and get additional picks rather than get one of a tier of players that will extend well into the second round.  Last choice is to take our pick of those red chip players.

Edited by BarleyNY

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Trade down in the first to get more quality but trade up from 4-7 to get better quality.

You don't trade down to get more quality. Perhaps you meant quantity?

I think we pick at 22.  I think there will be an impact player there that is high on our board.  It might be something surprising like an OL, DL (interior), CB/S, but I wouldn't be disappointed as long as we get a guy the Bills think can be pro-bowl level.  That's the key in Rd. 1 for me.  If not, trade down and go nuts in Rd. 2.  Heck, take two WR (Mims, and Jefferson?)   

D) Fail to turn in our card on time and fall to 23 where, based on a "hunch", we select Akamu Sua-Tanuvasa, a 380 lb NT out of Southern Mid-Western University. 

In the bloody aftermath, after days of rioting, the National Guard re-established law and order in Erie County. 

21 hours ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think we will pick at 22, but I’m not sure which way we go.  What do you guys thinks?

really feeling a trade up for lamb at the moment......nope, trade back and get Aiyuk or Mims......nah, just stay at 22 and grab Jefferson.  Grrrr.

I have nothing but faith in Beane

Personally, I think if I had to guess today, based on how I currently expect the board to fall and what I think happens in FA...I think we stay at 22 and draft Tee Higgins.  

There are only 3 players I think Beane trades up for and only if they get to at least 15 as higher than they is too rich.  Those are Chaisson, Juedy, Lamb.

But even then, I’m not sold Beane trades UP for a WR given depth at that position.  

I do think it’s possible we trade down, but unlikely.   Beane covets talent above all else, and at 22 there is gonna likely be someone he loves on the board IMO.  I do think it’s quite possible Beane trades up at some point in draft, maybe even more than once though.  More likely somewhere in rounds 2-5 though.  

I'll play along.

The Bills will trade the #22 to the Lions for the #34 overall pick and Detroit's 2021 1st round pick.

The Lions go 1-15 and the Bills have the first (and the 32nd pick overall ?) overall.

Which means the Bills will get a BOATLOAD in the Lawrence sweepstakes.

One can dream.       ??

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I'll play along.

The Bills will trade the #22 to the Lions for the #34 overall pick and Detroit's 2021 1st round pick.

The Lions go 1-15 and the Bills have the first (and the 32nd pick overall ?) overall.

Which means the Bills will get a BOATLOAD in the Lawrence sweepstakes.

One can dream.       ??

......if only the Lions still had Matt Millen at the helm..... 

8 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

In order of likelihood: Up, down, stay put. 

There is almost no way we can sit on a WR at 22.  We will get jumped and miss out since our target will likely be pretty obvious to all.  So I think our first choice is to move up to get a better quality WR who is a fit for us.  If that doesn’t work out then I think we’d want to move back.  22 seems like it’d be right after the purple chip/red chip break so I’d rather move back and get additional picks rather than get one of a tier of players that will extend well into the second round.  Last choice is to take our pick of those red chip players.

IF we stay at 22, I don’t see it being a WR. Move up for one of the top 3 or get your WR in the 2nd. 

A trade-up would surprise me, and I think there is a pretty good chance we trade down. 

With the depth at WR and at least a couple very good DE's (ex. Epensa) who could be available late 1st round, there could be enough good players still on the board at positions of need where Beane will risk trading down.   Although I think 5 - 6  spots is the max they would be willing to move back. 

I don't think Brandon Beane has any idea at this point because he doesn't know who free agency and the first round of the draft are going to shake out.  It' will depend on who Buffalo signs and who is left on the draft board In picks 10 - 21.

17 hours ago, MJS said:

You don't trade down to get more quality. Perhaps you meant quantity?

i meant quality in that you can have two second rounders and still have a first.

my draft philosophy is to trade back in the first to get more seconds and to trade the latter rounds to get more thirds that way you are building your team with the first 3 rounds where most of the starting talent is.